It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisibility Cloak A Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wanna dress like the Predator? An inventor showed his new invisibility technology in San Francisco last month, and wowed everyone.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

Professor Tachi's cloak works by projecting an image onto itself of what is behind the wearer.

A computer generates the image that is projected, so the viewer effectively sees "through" the cloak.

The key development of the cloak, however, was the development of a new material called retro-reflectum.

"This material allows you to see a three-dimensional image," Professor Tachi said.

"This material is the key to our technology."

The only problem would be if criminals got ahold of one of these cloaks. Even if they did, it's still really frickin' cool, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If I was a pilot I don't think I would want to see through the bottom of my plane. It would feel like the plane is made outa glass. (Hope theres no opera singers on board)

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

That would freak me out. I already have a fear of flying, I don't need invisible floors to make the trip even more horrifying.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This is old technology.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's real value would be making military people and equipment invisable, btw, say a show about this tech on tv about 10 years ago-military end of it.

JAK

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yes this has been mentioned before here

Jack

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Nevertheless, thanks for the link. Interesting stuff indeed I wonder how long it will take to be bought out by some major corporation or censored and folded into the military for special forces. I can think of alot of things I would do with one
Paintballing would be awesome with one of those. Game of hide and seek anyone?

new topics

top topics

join