It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonel Gaddafi orders ceasefire in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Colonel Gaddafi orders ceasefire in Libya

rt.com

Colonel Gaddafi issued an order to all military forces in Libya to cease fire by 19:00 GMT, according to Reuters.
Meanwhile, the White House has announced that it does not recognize the Libyan government’s ceasefire and will continue to enforce the UN resolution, Reuters reports.

This comes as no surprise as a previous ceasefire announcement from the Gaddafi regime turned out to be empty, with the government continuing military action against the rebels.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It is difficult to draw an opinion from this news. If this were to turn out to be a legitamate ceasefire and the West continued to launch airstrike on Libya, then it could be detrimental to their credibility. At the same time a ceasefire ordered ny Qaddafi may be regarded by some as success and be expoited by the West in the international arena. I myself believe that this could possibly an empty promise, as we had previoysly seen.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
how many protesters were there initially? is the whole country really demanding democracy? i just question the whole thing. I do believe in democracy and that it should be instated, however, i think the west is just jumping on an opportunity to oust an anti-western dictator.

What should happen is hard to say, i think he should have run elections at the very beginning and had a chance at re election
rather than just demanding ultimate power.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
yea it is his way of saying "no more targeting me, i have no place to run, your cruse missiles are getting to close for my comfort. I will have nothing left to fight/ kill with pleas stop the bombing." yea like we will listen to you don't think so.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
are you kidding me ? First he threatens to shot down holiday planes and that he will arm 1 million people in the beginning of this so calles no fly zone, and now he is ordering a cease fire ???

i dont know what this guy is on really, maybe he suffers from multiple personality disorder or how that is called...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I don't care, i'm saying it. I respect Col. and have for awhile.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Basel77
are you kidding me ? First he threatens to shot down holiday planes and that he will arm 1 million people in the beginning of this so calles no fly zone, and now he is ordering a cease fire ???

i dont know what this guy is on really, maybe he suffers from multiple personality disorder or how that is called...

Internal propaganda. It has no direct outcome on the unilateral agreement, as in egypt, enough resources spent, time to move on.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The lunatic ordered several ceasefires - he promised a couple - lies and more lies.

He certainly wants a ceasefire now because the US came within metres of his tent with their bombs.

They said they were not aiming at him - why not? The world needs this evil man taken out before he drags yet more people to their early deaths.

And please do not call him colonel - people with that title have earned the title honorably.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle
how many protesters were there initially? is the whole country really demanding democracy? i just question the whole thing. I do believe in democracy and that it should be instated, however, i think the west is just jumping on an opportunity to oust an anti-western dictator.

What should happen is hard to say, i think he should have run elections at the very beginning and had a chance at re election
rather than just demanding ultimate power.

The honest truth is, that the whole country isn't demanding democracy. The demads mainly reside and are most intense in the East. As many of you know Qaddafi is from West Libya, alongside his tribe and tribes affiliated to him. He is from a particullary smaller tribe and he redistributes the wealth of Libya accordingly. He tends to favour the West and provides more substantial wealth allocation to this region. There have been riots in the South and East before. It is not neccasarily a collective demand but rather an Eastern demand.

On that note, does anyone believe, that a separation of Libya could be the solution or the outcome? It is interresting stuff and if Qaddafi falls, I would predict it would be.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I don't care, i'm saying it. I respect Col. and have for awhile.

Yeah he's such a stand up guy and all... What with all his sponsored terrorism...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

oh is that what the internets told you is it? or maybe CNN. cause they are so reliable. united states is the world's largest state-sponsered terrorist network on the planet. mmmmmmmmmmm hypocrisy

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
The lunatic ordered several ceasefires - he promised a couple - lies and more lies.

He certainly wants a ceasefire now because the US came within metres of his tent with their bombs.

They said they were not aiming at him - why not? The world needs this evil man taken out before he drags yet more people to their early deaths.

And please do not call him colonel - people with that title have earned the title honorably.

One must make the obvious, obvious. Since this nation has natural resources needed on a global scale, did anyone honestly believe that he would be left alone ?.

He was offered an option in 10, but he assumed we(not the u.s.) were only shooting blanks. Well seven months later, i simply do not see any blanks being shot, but i do see live feeds of casualties across the board. I guess its sad that leaders assume that when nato is mobilized its not to offer coffee and cigarettes. When will those who govern their civilians/nations realize that its the major leagues and not a case of who is who and what one offers.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is the worst part of war. Propaganda.

In my experience, with corporate media and the mock CNN gulf war video, I am left speechless wondering just how much of our political war media is fake, propagandized lies?

How do I know for certain that Gadaffi issued a Cease Fire and didn't adhere to it?

What evidence is there that this entire war isn't a total fraud? Another Oil Grab?

I mean, since when did the UN start attacking Governments who killed their people in protest? Can anyone tell me where was the UN when China did Tiamen Square? What about Manymar? Thailand? Saudia Arabia? The list goes on and on?

Why out of all the other criminal governments out there did the UN pick this one?

Who is dying for all these lies?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
This is the worst part of war. Propaganda.

In my experience, with corporate media and the mock CNN gulf war video, I am left speechless wondering just how much of our political war media is fake, propagandized lies?

How do I know for certain that Gadaffi issued a Cease Fire and didn't adhere to it?

What evidence is there that this entire war isn't a total fraud? Another Oil Grab?

I mean, since when did the UN start attacking Governments who killed their people in protest? Can anyone tell me where was the UN when China did Tiamen Square? What about Manymar? Thailand? Saudia Arabia? The list goes on and on?

Why out of all the other criminal governments out there did the UN pick this one?

Who is dying for all these lies?

Your questions should be directed to those who chose to defy the obvious outcome. A new energy state is being transformed and those on the Norther tip needed to adhere to it or leave. Obviously those who chose to deny the option have now been or are in a transition period. Why does this seem so odd to you ?. Instead of viewing or listening to various media outlets you might want to create a map pinpointing transitions and outcomes, that alone should point you to your answers regarding your questions.

Then again, i am only speculating without any solid proof.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Since you seem to be telling me that I am missing the point, can I ask you why, in your first sentence, you say that the world needs what this nation has, and then in your last sentence you say it is not what a nation has, but it is all about those who supposedly rule the world?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Your questions should be directed to those who chose to defy the obvious outcome. A new energy state is being transformed and those on the Norther tip needed to adhere to it or leave. Obviously those who chose to deny the option have now been or are in a transition period. Why does this seem so odd to you ?. Instead of viewing or listening to various media outlets you might want to create a map pinpointing transitions and outcomes, that alone should point you to your answers regarding your questions.

Then again, i am only speculating without any solid proof.

I agree you are speculating. I think it's very cut and dry as to what is really going on.

Where there is Oil, there is war. (If a certain someone doesn't control it)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Look at the tree and not the forest. Do not take what is obvious that being oil and natural gas or a leader who has lost at poker. Look at how it will be in the following century + .

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Look at the tree and not the forest. Do not take what is obvious that being oil and natural gas or a leader who has lost at poker. Look at how it will be in the following century + .

As one tree burns in the forest, so shall another and another? How many of these trees must burn before the whole forest is gone?

This game of war is like a fire that can get out of control and engulf this planet. Three matches are now lit, the fires are slowly burning. How many more sparks before the big flame?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

As one tree burns in the forest, so shall another and another? How many of these trees must burn before the whole forest is gone?

This game of war is like a fire that can get out of control and engulf this planet. Three matches are now lit, the fires are slowly burning. How many more sparks before the big flame?

Given at how dry it all is, i assume another four apart from what is at hand in total, then again its a rough estimation since a forest fire is always unpredictable as one must incorporate parameters that at times cannot be factored in since we are dealing with individuals who at times agreed and disagreed behind closed doors.

top topics

join