It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic monster: Geomagnetic field reveals increasing danger of 'continent killing' quakes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I can't create a thread but I have this news from south carolina

www2.wspa.com...
edit on 21-3-2011 by kanetaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

Who went to Harvard? The fool who wrote the article featured in the OP? How do you know that?

None of the scientists who wrote the papers he's talking are from Harvard. And none of the scientists in the papers he talks about made any of the claims that the fool who wrote the article did.
edit on 3/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Not so sure, here is another, this one made by local tv reporters and from another location and different angle.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Watched a special on the science channel the other night, on predicting monster quakes. Some seem to think that migraines might increase around times of quakes. I personally know someone who has had a lot of migraines lately. Anyone else? Have them, or know someone that gets them, and has had a lot more recently?

Great thread, btw, OP.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

The only way the water would get that far inland based upon that future map, is if the oceans came in with full momentum. If the oceans came in at full momentum, it would mean that either the Earth was going through a pole shift or it stopped rotating because another planet came too close to it.
Either way, it's scary stuff.
I don't recall Edgar Cayce ever being wrong in preductions.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

Wasn't it Cayce who said Atlantis would rise in the Caribbean in 1968? Or was it '69?
www.was-this-atlantis.info...
edit on 3/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, parts of Atlantis is the Bimini Road.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
Makes you wonder if Elenin might be causing a stir or not if another thread is correct that is or if the earth is growing. But that could just be a load of crap too but if earthquakes are worse in October then I'll say Elenin. Anyone know why no data has been given on mass and other info on Elenin?

en.wikipedia.org...

Research first, ask later...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Slightly off topic but why are people having a go at other people for there opinions on this? So what if they aren't a scientist or have tonnes of research to back up their claims. I love reading all the different opinions and reasoning behind people's points of view. There is no need to be nasty because it might disagree with your own.

That said I think something is up. You can almost feel it in the air and this is based on no scoentific fact whatsoever!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Amen to that. You do NOT want to be underground when the earth moves. It is really freaky to watch the different layers of rock move and parts of the ceiling collapse!

Been there done that and NEVER AGAIN! (Caving in Indiana during a small quake)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by carbonlifeform

Ah yes good old wiki not the most reliable source and as i said how big is it what is it's mass these are the big questions they are not on NASA's site of on Wiki.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The Magnetic North has been moving at an accelerated rate.

Vukcevic has charted the movement, and written an article about the subject.

Here is more info on the changes occuring in the earth's Magnetic Field.
Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says

Rapid changes in the churning movement of Earth's liquid outer core are weakening the magnetic field in some regions of the planet's surface, a new study says.

"What is so surprising is that rapid, almost sudden, changes take place in the Earth's magnetic field," said study co-author Nils Olsen, a geophysicist at the Danish National Space Center in Copenhagen.

The findings suggest similarly quick changes are simultaneously occurring in the liquid metal, 1,900 miles (3,000 kilometers) below the surface, he said.

The swirling flow of molten iron and nickel around Earth's solid center triggers an electrical current, which generates the planet's magnetic field.

The study, published recently in Nature Geoscience, modeled Earth's magnetic field using nine years of highly accurate satellite data.

Flip-Flop

Fluctuations in the magnetic field have occurred in several far-flung regions of Earth, the researchers found.

In 2003 scientists found pronounced changes in the magnetic field in the Australasian region. In 2004, however, the changes were focused on Southern Africa.

The changes "may suggest the possibility of an upcoming reversal of the geomagnetic field," said study co-author Mioara Mandea, a scientist at the German Research Centre for Geosciences in Potsdam.

Earth's magnetic field has reversed hundreds of times over the past billion years, and the process could take thousands of years to complete.

Continued

Here is the abstract of the actual article for this thread:

The Smithsonian/NASA Astrophysics Data System

Statistical relationship of strong earthquakes with planetary geomagnetic field activity
Pogrebnikov, M. M.; Komarovski, N. I.; Kopytenko, Y. A.; Pushel, A. P.
In its USSR Rept.: Earth Sci. (JPRS-UES-84-007) p 97 (SEE N85-15196 06-42) Transl. into ENGLISH from Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiya (Moscow), v. 24, no. 2, Mar. - Apr. 1984 p 339-340

Earlier studies reported a significant decrease in the geomagnetic field before strong earthquakes. Possible relationships between earthquakes with magnitude greater than 7 (Soviet scale) and planetary terrestrial magnetic field activity as characterized by the K sub p index were investigated. A total of 100 cases of strong earthquakes on magnetically quiet days in 1965 to 1975 were studied. The K sub p indexes were studied for two days before and two days after the earthquakes. The dispersion curve shows a significant decrease one day before each event. The relationship of the planetary K sub p index with seismic activity indicates that the period of preparation for an earthquake and at the moment of the shock are reflected in the terrestrial magnetic field.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

The YT bloke you mention is John Lenard Walson.

Here's a link to one of his videos;

www.youtube.com...

Some of the things caught with his scope and camera, are very interesting.
The massive object in the linked video, is very strange indeed...and to my eyes looks for all the world like a gigantic fallen over tower.

I'd recommend having a look at his channel on YT, lot's to see. Hasn't been updated in a while, so i don't know if he still bothers to upload stuff. (he had a lot of trouble here on ATS apparently, and always get's it in the neck from the shills when he uploads)

I don't think what you say is far fetched in the least.

It could even be very close to the truth.

Trillions upon trillions gone 'missing'...many more trillions 'given to the banks' (or was it given to the banks?!) just lately.

Decades of talk and speculation about a secret and very advanced military space programme.

Advanced secret space programme + Unlimited resources = very comfy lunar/Mars base.

I'd say when they discovered constructed anomalies, and realised the moon has been used (possibly) as a refuge throughout times of cataclysm for the elites, they may have thought...hmmm...let's patch up the buildings, add some of our own gear and we have a nice little home from home in the event the Earth takes a pounding from space.

If they haven't planned to actually go and live there for a couple of years, a deep underground lunar base would make a *great* repository for genetic samples of humanity, animals, plants etc. left there with a beacon of some sort set to activate and go off at set times...one a month or once every year for example, so in the centuries or even millennia to come, it could be found and retrieved and made use of.

Who knows eh?

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
In light of all the compass anomalies...

March 16, 2011

Russian geophysicist Pogrebnikov concurs with his colleagues at Harvard and Stanford: the earth may be in for a hell of a time.

Imagine events just short of doomsday and you'll have a small glimpse of the global catastrophes that may lie just ahead.

Some scientists have seen this future—and the future is damn scary.

The former geologist Jim Berkland also "sees the future" on a regular basis, at least as far as earthquakes are concerned. He watches the geomagnetic field by watching aberrations in animals: odd actions, bizarre events, eerie mass deaths.

And the world's animals are self-destructing in swarms, hordes, flocks.

The magnetite embedded in many animal's brains make them sensitive to changes in the magnetic field. When that field is disrupted, some animals go mad. They get lost. Whales beach themselves. Birds desperately soar in confused flight and crash into each other, the ground and buildings.

Sometimes they just fall from the sky and die.

Berkland, a former USGS scientist has an 80 percent success rate predicting significant earthquakes. That's the best in the world and no one else comes close to that record.

Geomagnetic field hints at what earth's core is doing

The earth's history is one of violence. The oceans, the mountains, the great plains and savannas were all created by titanic forces that make the March 2011 Japanese earthquake look like a gentle rumble by comparison.

Awesome forces driven by a shifting core thrust up the mighty Andes from the bottom of the sea, changed the icecaps, formed coastlines and sunk whole island chains.

As the core stresses, compresses, spins and writhes its internal tortures are evident in the changes of the warping magnetic field.

That field is also stressed by interaction with the sun's influence on the earth within the magnetosphere. A delicate tug-of-war over the eons creates a dance of life and death.

As the core shifts and the erratic geomagnetic field moves towards reversal, evidence mounts that studies such as "Ultralow-Frequency Magnetic Fields Preceding Large Earthquakes" by Antony C. Fraser-Smith of Stanford University and Harvard's "Statistical relationship of strong earthquakes with planetary geomagnetic field activity" reveal the increasing possibility that massive, 'continent killing' super-quakes will reshape the current maps of the world.

Geodynamo creates earth's magnetic field

The mighty currents of molten rock, under intense pressure, boil beneath the crust creating earthquakes, volcanoes and continental drift. It is also the geodynamo that creates the earth's magnetic field and the interaction with the solar magnetosphere can initiate plate drift, tensions and the massive buckling and shearing between the plates called faults. The movement along the fault lines is called an earthquake.

Geomagnetic flux, often a precursor to mighty quakes, is sometimes accompanied by strange harmonics: people see colors dancing in the sky or hear what sounds like discordant music.

Then the earth moves and like a giant, invisible hand changes the lands and seas.

The growing aberrations of the magnetic field—and the increasing level activity of the sun—is symptomatic of the change in the earth's core. A dangerous change. An uncontrollable change. A change that is leading to the possibility of greater and greater disasters.

The core is restless now and when it is Mankind too cannot rest…

www.helium.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
So many people thinking it will happen soon WHY does california STILL have there nuclear plants running without fear of Japan incident happening. I believe cali nukes will wipe us out because of power thirsty fat americans...

Really go camping for a year till we figure out how to disribute free energy...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnetGenerators
Radiation Hoax?

Is this legit , sorry , but should people worry,look at this , dammm Phage you brute , whaddaya make of this?
edit on 22-3-2011 by StaceyWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
hmmm really does make you think, increased seismic activity, increased solar flare activity, earthquakes in america, a VERY large one is imminent, Japans Earthquake and Tsunamis,...Increased tension in the middle east, Israel, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Saudi Arabia,

I am not a devoulty religious person, as some people would preach we are in the End Days, which I personally think is laughable, but of all the goings on in the world at the moment, such events do make you wonder,.....there is a lot of things going on at the moment,............still unsettling

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The guy who wrote that article is laughing all the way to the bank! There's more to be had. I didn't know it was that easy to make a fast buck? You see, suckers are a dime a dozen!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kanetaker
I can't create a thread but I have this news from south carolina

www2.wspa.com...
edit on 21-3-2011 by kanetaker because: (no reason given)

I'm in the same boat, can't start a new thread yet but check out this site.
It's a Live Seismic Graph site, I check it everyday and it got my attention this morning!

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I've never seen all the graphs so active at once, I'm no expert but was there a "planet quake" or something?
Any seismologists that can explain this...anomoly?
Any link to the magnetic field?
edit on 22-3-2011 by SalemsLot because: added a question

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I wonder?....I have never had migraines in my life until sometime late last yr started getting a few every now and then. this month 3 lasing about 5-20 min...I am thankful they don't last very long very painful......I will keep track of them now on a calender....I'm in Calif.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join