It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay the prisoner, save the taxpayer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure what to make of this.

Looks as though some bleeding heart Liberals want to give Murderers and Rapists a raise for doing work in jail!!

How about take away ALL their money and possessions. These people ruined life for others and we want to give them money?

When I took Criminology we had to go to a maximum security jail here in BC. We did a tour and each cell had a TV and many had playstaions, I was 19 and thought wow they have it good.

Guess now they are going to get it a little better while the victim is still dead.

www.theprovince.com...

Stories like this make me envious of the Jails in America.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just why should any prisoner be paid for working when they have been convicted and are servicing their sentence? They have given up any rights as they have been convicted and are costing all our countries huge sums of money, so why would we paid them to any work they doing inside prison. They should work and not be paid at all.

Bleeding heart Liberals is the reason why this is being given any press. The answer, put all the bleeding heart Liberals in prison

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Envious of American jails? Are you aware the article was from Canada?

Anyway, here in America (the country not the continent) some prisons do pay inmates for work programs, those programs are only available as the county or state sees fit and is not a guarantee. Also, if inmates save their money over $10,000 the state attempts to take it back to pay for the cost of the incarceration.

abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun
Well I'm not sure what to make of this.

Don't be so quick to condemn the idea - we'll likely all be in the prison system soon. 65 million Americans and counting.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I should add that the principal of our child's middle school told us and other parents that if a 13 year old tossed a wood chip (under handed as part of play) and it bounced and touched the back of a teacher's shoe that he would call the police and have the child arrested.

I wish that was an April Fool's joke but it was not and as such we're taking our child to private school as a result. We're all in prison - some more than others.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I should add that the principal of our child's middle school told us and other parents that if a 13 year old tossed a wood chip (under handed as part of play) and it bounced and touched the back of a teacher's shoe that he would call the police and have the child arrested.

I wish that was an April Fool's joke but it was not and as such we're taking our child to private school as a result. We're all in prison - some more than others.

That principal is a douche bag and any cop wouldn't arrest the child for the accident anyway. A good cop would arrest the principal for wasting their time.

new topics

top topics

join