It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in these trying times of nuclear shtf a little levity brought to you from gerber knives and bear gry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
yes i understand the shows conceptbut he is being endorsed on a major knife brands profucts as a survival expert.
the knives are cool the expert not so much. remember the episode he ate the skunk . in my kit i carry a razell ss7 by crkt its great i use it for just about everything. i just feel gerbers reputation was all they need to sell knives.
i used to use one of their folders when i worked as a stockboy at roses department store in 90s

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
thanks for letting me know they are at walmart!

a lot of bear hate. weird. Most shows on television are for entertainment...and I am pretty sure most of the shows show you how to "self rescue" if staying in put is not an option.

tidbits of the show are useful. some are just for fun. everyone acts like les stroud is better. He is different. but really they are both there to show you useful tips you may need to use one day.

its fun to watch shows like that. But you would be better off picking up a book & learning, or going to a class where they teach you things (like how to start a fire with sticks,etc) or learning from your father like i did.

did anyone ever watch that show on spike tv surviving disaster? that was pretty good. if you like shows like these you should check that show out. only had one season though.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Decision

ha ha ha....i like les a ton...he's a real survivalist.....it's just that we weren't talking about him at the time......

excellent point though!!!

<< 1   >>

join