It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus rejects O T God’s ways?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Did Jesus rejects O T God’s ways?

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
--Heb 8;7

Many believe that Jesus cancelled this following.

My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of my lips.
—Psalm 89:34

This means that God’s covenant is no longer ever lasting, if indeed it ever was, as he is shown as breaking it rather often in the O T as he goes about negating our free will by killing many of us and ignoring the dominion he gave us.

We see Jesus rejecting O T God’s rather draconian and genocidal tendencies against sinners. The new attitude Jesus preached is to now love all sinners and of course, he would not kill or send to hell those he says he loves. This is not at all like the O T God does.

Is this God, now under the name of Jesus evolving?
Changing his ways after realizing that OT God was going against scripture?
Is Jesus trying to teach O T God that---

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Did Jesus recognize that murdering and genocide as a way of teaching lessons was not working and perhaps should never have been done?

"I, even I am the LORD and beside me there is no Saviour." Is.43:11

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.---John 14;6

Jesus seems to now be completely rejecting the old O T God and placing himself above what was the Trinity and usurping their power to judge. Rather more like a Gnostic Christian Jesus than the traditional Christian.

Many literalists and fundamentals seem to cherish the O T genocidal God and they do not reject him the way Jesus seems to.

If you are a literalist or fundamental, should you too reject the O T God and embrace the softer gentler and kinder Jesus?

If so, then you would also need to reject the notions of an end time where Jesus is to return to hurt non believers as well. This way, the hell that Jesus was to do away with can also be discarded as non existent and give success to his sacrifice.

The old tribal ways are thus rejected and we all inherit the kingdom of God as a loving God would want instead of some of us being sent to eternal torture or death.

After all, doing so would give meaning to this----

Hosea 1:10
Ye are the sons of the living God.
Ps 82:6 I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High.

Because we can all believe that a loving God would never condemn his son when, as we know, God can cure any defects and an omnipotent God with infinite persuasion powers would not have anyone whom he cannot convert.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
He made a new covenant with man. God can choose not to exercise His options under the old covenant.

and Jesus is the continuation and closure of the old testament. He is the last chapter and completes God's word to man.

and what are you a lawyer. the thing is not to nit pick the old and new testament but to follow His commandments.

and not for His benefit but for your.

edit on 19-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

From my own understanding and Faith I read that Jesus came to fulfill the law. He was the ultimate sacrifice as a sin offering. He did not abolish or reject the Old Law, but fulfilled it. With His sacrifice the old Law was completed and in its place came the new Law. Jesus, as far as I can understand it, deliberately aimed Himself towards His destiny to lay down his life as a sin offering. The mystery of this is that through His blood all humanity is given the opportunity to have their sins forgiven and to be given new life in His name.

"I am the Way, The Truth and The Life" He told us! I can only comprehend the whole of The Old and New Covenant of God with humanity as this is how God chose to reveal Himself through history. It is the Mystery of His manifestation. If God wills it there could even be a third covenant perhaps! It is up to God what He chooses to do at any given point in time.

I think sometimes we misunderstand Jesus. He told us that He did not come to bring peace but came with a sword. That metaphor has many meanings. Even in Revelations Jesus is written of as having a two edged sword coming from His mouth. And Revelations prophesy is very much old guard judgement.

The Covenant was not abolished, it was fulfilled and is still being fulfilled until the end of the age.

The central theme of The Ten Comandments still stands, but the Law of Moses has been fulfilled and redemption offered to Gentile and Jew alike. Abraham's descendants are still being counted as new souls come to The Lord of Hosts through Christ.

Blessings!

HOTA

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
HI,

I think Jesus/Jeshua was talking about a wholly different God to the one of the OT. Yeah, I know that sounds crazy to most people.

To me it is obvious. The OT God is a festering bag of Hatred, filled with Bloodlust, highly Egotistical, demanding of Worship from humans and indifferent to the pleas of all other people who were not Hebrew.. a very unlikeable character for sure and definately not God-Like as we would expect.. which may be the problem.

Wereas the "Father" Jesus speaks about is much closer to the concept of a Loving God, or even Universe as is understood most basically in the New Age Industry... not a Being but an Aware Energy that is the Universe.

When looking back to the source information for the Hebrew God.. remembering that the Hebrew left Sumer with the first few books of the Torah before walking to Egypt... we find this God illustrated in the Sumerian Tablets from various sources and times although in latter times the story changes somewhat, as do the names supplied.

This OT God it appears was not a Omnipotent Spirit in/of the Universe, but was a Being.. a Visitor to our world. And as we read we see that this God has a younger brother and sister who were responsible for the Manufacture of the Homo Sapien Sapien, and who this God HATED with a vengeance. We also see how this God has the EXACT same Characteristics as the OT God everyone is so afraid of.

So, I do think the OT talks about a Physical, alien Being enjoying playing the role of God to its little Human Followers.. and many millenia later Jesus spoke about an Esoteric Father, a Fatherly Spirit that we are all a part of.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
He made a new covenant with man. God can choose not to exercise His options under the old covenant.

and Jesus is the continuation and closure of the old testament. He is the last chapter and completes God's word to man.

and what are you a lawyer. the thing is not to nit pick the old and new testament but to follow His commandments.

and not for His benefit but for your.

edit on 19-3-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

So to be saved, I have to buy into your immoral position of trying to profit from the murder of an innocent man.
No thanks.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by houseoftheangels

So you think the potter must die for his pots. LOL.

Quite the plan.

Please check the links just above.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
HI,

I think Jesus/Jeshua was talking about a wholly different God to the one of the OT. Yeah, I know that sounds crazy to most people.

To me it is obvious. The OT God is a festering bag of Hatred, filled with Bloodlust, highly Egotistical, demanding of Worship from humans and indifferent to the pleas of all other people who were not Hebrew.. a very unlikeable character for sure and definately not God-Like as we would expect.. which may be the problem.

Wereas the "Father" Jesus speaks about is much closer to the concept of a Loving God, or even Universe as is understood most basically in the New Age Industry... not a Being but an Aware Energy that is the Universe.

When looking back to the source information for the Hebrew God.. remembering that the Hebrew left Sumer with the first few books of the Torah before walking to Egypt... we find this God illustrated in the Sumerian Tablets from various sources and times although in latter times the story changes somewhat, as do the names supplied.

This OT God it appears was not a Omnipotent Spirit in/of the Universe, but was a Being.. a Visitor to our world. And as we read we see that this God has a younger brother and sister who were responsible for the Manufacture of the Homo Sapien Sapien, and who this God HATED with a vengeance. We also see how this God has the EXACT same Characteristics as the OT God everyone is so afraid of.

So, I do think the OT talks about a Physical, alien Being enjoying playing the role of God to its little Human Followers.. and many millenia later Jesus spoke about an Esoteric Father, a Fatherly Spirit that we are all a part of.

Yes. Jesus was a Gnostic Christian and recognized and preached the God within.
Much of this slant shrouded in other dogma and is lost on many.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
See, Jesus was a good dude. Old Testament God was kind of a male reproductive organ, to put it nicely. But yet, they are the same person, if that makes sense. Well, it doesn't make sense to me, but a lot of people believe this massive contradiction. It's kinda like how Charles Manson said he was a reincarnation of Christ. A lot of people can say things, it doesn't make it true.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelangelo
See, Jesus was a good dude. Old Testament God was kind of a male reproductive organ, to put it nicely. But yet, they are the same person, if that makes sense. Well, it doesn't make sense to me, but a lot of people believe this massive contradiction. It's kinda like how Charles Manson said he was a reincarnation of Christ. A lot of people can say things, it doesn't make it true.

Faith, unfortunately, has little to do with truth.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelangelo

You have to remember the bible was written by men with agendas, all the murders and attrocities in the bible were committed by men in Gods name, but not by Gods command... God has no need to kill its as simple as that. You can even take it one step farther and read their own commandment from back then...

Thou shall not kill.......... Better yet.. Thou shall not Harm...

Faith, unfortunately, has little to do with truth...

Faith in the words of one man is truth... As i've said before, read the words of Christ, he showed us the narrow path... He was truth incarnate.

Most of the bible won't make much sence to people who don't understand the words of christ, this is why he spoke in parables, those that understand him will understand his parables...

As for the OP topic, the OT is exactly that.....an Old testament.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The rest of the Bible was written by men but the words of archetypal Jesus are all accurate. LOL.

You be fool if you believe such nonsense.

You go ahead and read literally a book that begins with a talking animal and has a water walking immortal God who can somehow die.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
reply to post by Akragon

The rest of the Bible was written by men but the words of archetypal Jesus are all accurate. LOL.

You be fool if you believe such nonsense.

You go ahead and read literally a book that begins with a talking animal and has a water walking immortal God who can somehow die.

Regards
DL

I'd be a fool if i didn't see truth my friend... And i didn't say take the book litterally. I said there is truth in one mans words...

Put it this way, If Fred Flinstone wrote the following i would not disagree with it...

These words are truth, and it makes no difference who wrote them...

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Can you find fault in those words my friend?

edit on 23-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes. If God loves his enemies then it is quite strange that he sends them to hell for purposeless eternal torture.

The problem with the type of rhetoric you quoted is that it is unworkable.

Regards
DL
edit on 23-3-2011 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Yes. If God loves his enemies then it is quite strange that he sends them to hell for purposeless eternal torture.

The problem with the type of rhetoric you quoted is that it is unworkable.

Regards
DL
edit on 23-3-2011 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

More christian nonsence, hell doesn't exist...nor is there a sin which will land you in said non existant place.

How exactly is what i quoted unworkable....?

I don't understand?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I am not going to bother with all your examples but take judging for instance. Can you go through a day without judging many things. I cannot.

Bacon or sausage.

What about “Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you”

Have you ever been on a battle field?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I am not going to bother with all your examples but take judging for instance. Can you go through a day without judging many things. I cannot.

Bacon or sausage.

Regards
DL

Good questions actually...

I try my best not to judge anything, theres a difference between decisions and judging though...Bacon or sausage isn't judgement lol

I boxed for two years, and kickboxed for 2 as well, its hard not to get angry i know what you're saying...But again i can only do my best.

Regardless its not unworkable at all... you just have to love everything, even those that don't like you or even try to hurt you...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Bacon or sausage.

Regards
DL

Good questions actually...

I try my best not to judge anything, theres a difference between decisions and judging though...Bacon or sausage isn't judgement lol

I boxed for two years, and kickboxed for 2 as well, its hard not to get angry i know what you're saying...But again i can only do my best.

Regardless its not unworkable at all... you just have to love everything, even those that don't like you or even try to hurt you...

Then you waste a good emotion. Not love but something less.

Love, to be true love includes reciprocity and familiarity.
Anything less cannot be called true love.

Regards
DL

top topics

join