It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans seem to be terrible at geography

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

A helpful song to remember all the countries of the world. It is a bit dated (wtf Zaire messing with the song).

This is not one of those "(made up statistic)% of American's don't know where Libya is on a map" threads.

This is, however, my lament on the present state of affairs the US is entangled in worldwide.

The USA wants to run the planet. It's civilians buy the lies told by the government higher ups, and the little O'Reilly's and Huffingtons execute their plans accordingly. The US military has imperial outposts all over the world and we relish in it. We are the proxy leaders of the world because of the fact that we can erase anyone off the planet in the blink of an eye.

We are the "It's a Good Life" kid in the classic twilight zone episode.

We have already conceded the battle of ideas when we use force to promote them.

Pre-emptive war is the mafia shakedown. We make an example of a few people and hope the rest of the world follows our lead. When this fails, we are entrenched in these far away places, slowly being sucked dry of our resources and people (Iraq, Afghanistan) for a cause we do no longer know.

Now it's Libya's turn. We sent our first cruise missile into that country. With that, I am sure many more will follow. I am sure our ground troops are not far behind. Lives of innocents and our own men will be lost, just so Libya can oust one homicidal paranoid dictator for yet another homicidal paranoid dictator. Sounds like a plan.

What american's need to realize is that the part of the world that is not in the US, is, really, not in the US. We are like the sherrif of Saline County, Nebraska going to Palm Springs to set up his or her own branch of the Sherrif Department of Saline County.

Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Kazakstan, UAE, Japan, Qatar, Kuwait, Cuba, Germany, Italy, UK, France, Spain, Costa Rica, and a host of other individual countries are all not in the United States but we have troops on the ground implying otherwise.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It is the US government that wants to run the world. Not the American citizens. Many Americans would be happy if the government focus on helping America rather than busying itself outside of America.

You need to cite a source for "Americans buy the lies they are told" because, correct me if I am wrong, what is actually happening that the American voice does NOT matter to the government. The American people has lost its power to make changes if they don't like what their government is doing. For example, Americans did not want the bailouts but they got them anyway.

If you can't cite a source, then don't make sweeping generalizations.

You need to realize that the U.S. is an empire (which could be declining). We have bases outsides of the U.S., soldiers stationed in countries they should not be in, puppet regimes, subservient countries, and we have the world, in terms of media, at our feet.

Yes, we are the world police because THAT is the way European governments (and bankers) like it. Otherwise NATO would not be going beyond its European borders. It's a West vs East paradigm.

So, did you have a point besides generalizations and stating the obvious? I do not mean to be offensive. I understand what you are getting at but it's not something Americans don't already know.

edit on 19-3-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mate! serously!!!??? u really believe that the US runs the west/the world???

You're country is still owned by the UK and the British empire still exists
and the US has just become the military arm of this Anglo-American Empire

The UK is then under the controll of the Vatican....all roads lead to Rome, remember!!!???!!!???

You're buying into all the lies my colonial cousin!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The US Military’s use of software to manipulate and control the American people is especially insidious as it will be rolled out on their already existing platforms of message boards such as the Above Network LLC owned website AboveTopSecret.Com that is funded by the Central Intelligence Agencies (CIA) venture capital arm In-Q-Tel and that purports itself to be the “largest and most popular web site for alternative topics”, but instead, many believe, continually provides its members list to the US Department of Homeland Security while smearing all thought and opinions critical of the US power structure and its elite leaders.

Not only Americans but everyone seems to be terrible at everything.......

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316

Not only Americans but everyone seems to be terrible at everything.......

Then a little girl named Lilly,
not even two years old
came in an pwnd
all our faces in
geography.

Does this mean,
since she is not terrible at everything,
that she is no longer an American, but something else?

Does this refute the entire argument in the OP
as it was the foundation of all the other bits of spurious reasoning?

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I admit I am really bad at geography, but have learned so much more since being here on ATS. Now in my defense individually I know alot about each continent, but put a world map in front of me and i am lost for the most part... Sorry but its true. I am not one who thinks the world revolves around the US either, just get confused easily on the shapes...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
You got to learn all you can about Charolett Iserbyt ... dileberate dumbing down of the worlds population.

top topics

join