It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes, Tsunamis and .... Asteroids??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I want to share a controversial theory about the events that have been happening on the Earth as far as tsunamis, and earthquakes, and the possible false flag, or both. Many of us here are aware that the masses could not handle certain scenarios, and with that being said, has been the excuse for many in the "know" not alert the populace about many, many subjects.

So, I ask, could this be happening again, but about asteroids? Is it easier for scientists, and TPTB to make it public that many of the catastrophic events have in fact been caused by "natural" disasters, as opposed to asteroids that we cannot control?

We cannot deny that we have seen many strange events that we have questioned in our skies for quite a while, from spirals, to comets, the Unidentified Flying Objects (not necessarily aliens craft, but unidentified none the less). I want to present an interesting site that has asked this question. I would like to get others opinions on this, as this is a theory, but maybe even more important then the story presented by the MSM.

I am in NO way down playing what has happened in any of the places that have lost hundreds of thousands of lives, or the possibility that these events are in fact caused by earthquakes. I just ask, could there be another explanation, and if so what?

BTW, I wanted to add that yes if there were in fact asteroids that someone may have seen them before they got here, but I thought I would throw out there that those that may either spot them, and report it, would go through certain channels. This IMHO, can be covered up, just as easily as anything that has been covered up. Again, this is a possibility and something that I think should be looked into.

The effects of a tsunami and an asteroid are far worse then an asteroid hitting the ground, as if it hit the ocean it would in fact cause a tsunami. The last 4 devastating events were worse due to a tsunami.

Asteroid impacts with the Earth
Stony asteroids with a diameter less than about 100 metres generally do not reach the Earth's surface. These objects usually explode several kilometres above the surface (an "airburst"). This was probably the case with the "Tunguska" Siberian event in 1908. The kinetic energy involved is substantial - a typical impact by a 50m object releases about 10 megatons of TNT and that of a 100m object releases about 75 Mt (the actual kinetic energy depends on several factors such as speed and density and can vary by a factor of more than 10). These explosions are equivalent in energy to large thermonuclear explosions and they can cause devastation over thousands of square kilometres - in the case of Tunguska the area of destruction was about 2,000 sq km or a circle of radius 25km.. Fortunately the region was sparsely populated and had little effect on humans (unlike now when it could not have been mistaken for a hostile nuclear explosion).

users.tpg.com.au...

Peace, NRE.

I wanted to add this PDF, its very technical, but adds to the point of the thread.
www.es.ucsc.edu...
edit on 19-3-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: to add

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You forgot to add the "....Oh My!" (to Dorothy Gale's "Lions and Tigers and Bears....Oh My!"

edit on 19-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here is a site for NEO (Near Earth Objects).

The purpose of the Near-Earth Object Program is to coordinate NASA-sponsored efforts to detect, track and characterize potentially hazardous asteroids and comets that could approach the Earth. The NEO Program will focus on the goal of locating at least 90 percent of the estimated 1,000 asteroids and comets that approach the Earth and are larger than 1 kilometer (about 2/3-mile) in diameter, by the end of the next decade. In addition to managing the detection and cataloging of Near-Earth objects, the NEO Program office will be responsible for facilitating communications between the astronomical community and the public should any potentially hazardous objects be discovered.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

The team then conducted a comparative study of tsunamis generated by asteroids of different sizes, velocities and compositions. According to its asteroid impact paper published in the Science of Tsunami Hazards Journal, the team performed a series of two-dimensional and three-dimensional simulations of asteroid impacts into an ocean, using realistic equations of state for the atmosphere, seawater, the oceanic crust and the mantle. "These asteroid-caused tsunamis can have large amplitudes at the source, but will decline faster with distance than landslide-caused tsunamis," Gisler said.

www.lanl.gov...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Is it easier for scientists, and TPTB to make it public that many of the catastrophic events have in fact been caused by "natural" disasters, as opposed to asteroids that we cannot control?

Your premise seems flawed to me... since when can we "control" any natural disaster like an earthquake?

I am in NO way down playing what has happened in any of the places that have lost hundreds of thousands of lives, or the possibility that these events are in fact caused by earthquakes. I just ask, could there be another explanation, and if so what?

It would be impossible to cover up an asteroid impact...

Do you have any evidence that any of these disasters were not caused by what we have been told caused them?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I had a dream last night and in part of the dream these huge red rock slabs were falling out of the sky onto cars on the highway we were on.
Scary...then the dream proceeded.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"Size matters." A large asteroid hitting the earth would be far worse than any natural disaster recorded during human history. An asteroid hitting the ocean, for example, would create a tsunami/tidal wave far worse than we saw in Japan or Indonesia (both of which acted more like a tidal surge than a gigantic cresting wave as per the movies or the Illuminati card). Such a hit from a large enough asteroid could, in fact, be an Extinction Level Event (ELE).

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
great information...since I can not believe that Fukushima EQ was manmade , I was wondering how such strong EQ could happen...gonna dig this info
edit on 19-3-2011 by ArZak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Can't be.

An asteroid would have been seen by someone It would have caused a far larger wave.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

True, but to add to your post... lets put it into perspective - confirmed reports of asteroids making it to the ground with a significant portion of their cosmic velocity intact are extraordinarily rare. I have only come across one such report in modern history (details here) in over a decade investigating this subject, and that did no major damage, although it left a sizable crater, and scared the crap out of locals living near by.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Can't be.

An asteroid would have been seen by someone It would have caused a far larger wave.

I agree, an asteroid making it to the ground with force would more likely than not have been seen (and heard) by people, but a small one would not necessarily make a far larger wave than what we saw in Japan. Asteroids don't just come in one size...
edit on 19-3-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As I stated before that this was in fact a theory. I also stated in the OP that a "conspiracy" to keep things silent from the public is not unheard of, as is one of the reasons that many come to this site. I will continue to add, as I go along.

I am not talking about asteroids from the movies, but these objects are a real threat to our planets and our lives.

WASHINGTON — NASA is charged with spotting most of the asteroids that pose a threat to Earth but does not have the money to complete the job, a U.S. government report says.

That is because even though Congress assigned the space agency that mission four years ago, it never gave NASA the money to build the necessary telescopes, according to the report released Wednesday by the National Academy of Sciences.

Specifically, the mission calls for NASA, by the year 2020, to locate 90 percent of the potentially deadly rocks hurtling through space. The agency says it has been able to complete about one-third of its assignment with the current telescope system.

NASA estimates that there are about 20,000 asteroids and comets in our solar system that are potential threats. They are larger than 460 feet (140 meters) in diameter — slightly smaller than a sports stadium in New Orleans. So far, scientists know where about 6,000 of these objects are.

Rocks between 460 feet and 3,280 feet (1,000 meters) in diameter can devastate an entire region, said Lindley Johnson, NASA's manager of the near-Earth objects program. Objects bigger than that are even more threatening, of course.

Just last month astronomers were surprised when an object of unknown size and origin bashed into Jupiter and created an Earth-sized bruise that is still spreading. Jupiter does get slammed more often than Earth because of its immense gravity, enormous size and location.

Disaster movies like "Armageddon" and near misses in previous years may have scared people and alerted them to the threat. But when it comes to monitoring, the academy concluded "there has been relatively little effort by the U.S. government."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Here is CNN having a good time talking about an Asteroid that no one saw coming.
Meteor fly by - Asteroid's passing was a cosmic near-miss

Michio Kaku talk Asteroids.

What I am saying with this thread, is that there may be another explanation about some of the current events, and we should check all possibilities. Amateur astronomers are usually the ones that find these objects, and the media then shows what they think is presentable.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here is some more information concerning the threat.

Military Hush-Up: Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified
For 15 years, scientists have benefited from data gleaned by U.S. classified satellites of natural fireball events in Earth's atmosphere – but no longer.

A recent U.S. military policy decision now explicitly states that observations by hush-hush government spacecraft of incoming bolides and fireballs are classified secret and are not to be released, SPACE.com has learned.

The satellites' main objectives include detecting nuclear bomb tests, and their characterizations of asteroids and lesser meteoroids as they crash through the atmosphere has been a byproduct data bonanza for scientists.

"It's baffling to us why this would suddenly change," said one scientist familiar with the work. "It's unfortunate because there was this great synergy…a very good cooperative arrangement. Systems were put into dual-use mode where a lot of science was getting done that couldn't be done any other way. It's a regrettable change in policy."

Scientists say not only will research into the threat from space be hampered, but public understanding of sometimes dramatic sky explosions will be diminished, perhaps leading to hype and fear of the unknown.

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

As I stated before that this was in fact a theory.

For it to be a theory, there has to be some evidence.... otherwise it's just baseless speculation.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

You can call it whatever you like. I will continue to add information as it becomes available, and those who want to research it further can.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join