It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth farts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ok, I did not want this to sound funny. We just went over to the creek in the woods to see how high the water is. As we we were there, right in front of our eyes a small hole opened up, and the smell was enough to make me nausious. My wife is now sick to. I live in southern ontario. We have never seen this before. Is it methane? has anyone seen this before?
edit on 19-3-2011 by Snakeybasterds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's happening in Pennsylvania.

They are using hydraulic fracking to fracture the shale deep under the State to get to the natural gas under there. Maybe they are doing it up by you to, that shale field may extend up that far.

The Rivers are bubbling with the gas coming out of the ground now in Pennsylvania.

The Earth is indeed farting...man caused.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It would be helpful to those who look at this if you could post an image or map of the area your talking about, a little bit more detail, like the size of the hole etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have never seen anything like it. I just got off the phone, with my cousin who is a geoligist, he said to stay away from the area, as it could be toxic gas?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

The hole is small Maybee a foot in diamater. I can go take a picture but the smell is like chemicals, it is hard to explain..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Snakeybasterds

I wouldnt go back there, sounds like a small methane release.

Without getting too close, it might be worth checking the area again in a few days to see if there is any change.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

What ever the smell was, We can still taste it, It is like a mattalic taste.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I recommend that you stay away from it as it may be fracking chemicals coming to the surface and they are highly toxic.The poster from PA., I'm sure, can attest to the fact that fracking chemicals are contaminating the ground and water in Pa..
edit on 3/19/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
We are going to see the doc.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hi there Snakey.... it could very well be fracking. I have been surprised in my research on fracking in general, just how many areas of Canada are using this method, as I have always viewed my frozen neighbor to the north as more 'green' and Earth aware than we here in the US. (I am in WNY). Here are some links that may help you in determining if this is a result of fracking or not, at the very least they may be able to point you in the right direction. Whatever the cause... be careful and stay safe.

Canadians.org
Water Watch
GPO.org
Sierra Club Ontario

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yea I agree stay away. Not a place I would strike a match either. If it is Methane know that it can deplete the oxygen from the air so it's possible to suffocate. Beware that area. Is there any authority you can report this to?

edit on 19-3-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
One hour to go to see are doc. Not feeling well, thank god we dont have far to go.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Um, its called sulphur. Its not a fart.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Can you give us a more precise or general location of where you live and/or the name of the creek area where this is happening so we can look into this while you are gone to see the doctor?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Take care of yourself and your wife first,then I think you might want to report this to Enviro Canada as soon as you and your wife are treated.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snakeybasterds

The hole is small Maybee a foot in diamater. I can go take a picture but the smell is like chemicals, it is hard to explain..

It's hard to determine what chemicals the smells are coming from because the Nobel Peace prize winning president, obama, gave halliburton full non-disclosure rights in their fracking sabotage of our ground water, from which 40% of our supplies are derived. This is long term damage. The poison is now in the ground, where all rain gathers. I don't see why the elected representatives responsible for this aren't hauled up at the dock at Nuremberg.

Perhaps if anon hacked halliburton, we'd have some data to be able to protect ourselves against our poisoned water reserves?

Using misdirection, these same politicians are trying to screw us to the wall for increases in methane, caused by fracking, but they are blaming us, since we have been very very naughty boys and girls...
edit on 19-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The creek is rawdon creek.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

could be methane, more likley hydrogen sulfide common chemical in underground resivoiurs if there is a small earth shift it can release it, can cassue dizzyness and nuasua

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Be back shortly.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It may not be just fracking outgas (anyone else who's watched Battlestar Galactica feel bad when saying that?). There are active faults along the St. Lawrence River so that could be related. If they are really spooling up there could be surface cracks and fissures opening to release some of the pressure.

I'm not a geologist but a geographer by training, so I'm no expert on these physical phenomenon, but I have noticed a great increase in the number and size of these earthquakes along faults that were supposedly either dormant or inactive. It isn't enough to cause alarm, but the pattern is enough to cause concern and to stay alert. Especially with the increase in gravity influence by the moon due to its closeness.
edit on 3/19/2011 by Sir Solomon because: Spelling check failure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join