It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America was Libya.. Let me ask you this..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Look at what Libya has done for the unemployed in Africa! All those merc's he hired would probably be bandits or maybe pirates
I think that people are overlooking the fact that Libya's army is "free lance". If it was Libyans vs Libyans it might be different but the free lance pool is now dry.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I want to know what makes you single the USA out when speaking of the action being taken by the UN. You do understand that there are currently 192 member states, including every sovereign state in the world but the Vatican City.

The current Secretary of the General of the UN is Ban Ki-moon of South Korea, who attained the post in 2007.

So why not refer to the UN as the international entity that it is, rather than single out the USA and pretend they are the only country involved in the decisions of a multi national group?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I just find it incredibly shocking, because Gadhafi was willing to accept a mediator to come in and talk to both sides without conflict. This was offered by Chavez, but the rebels turned down the offer. So with that response, the bloodshed kept going.

Then Gadhafi was humane enough to order civilians to evacuate Beng. so they don't get killed in the crossfire.

Now the UN is ordering Gadhafi to hault and stop attacking the rebels? Are his people not aloud to attack him also?

Like I've said 20 times before (go ahead, check my posts), seems like someone has an agenda for Libya. Be it oil, or be it just a way to put a pro-west leader in power. This entire crisis seems like a big act being put on by the media and CIA/MI5 with a healthy side of smear. I just find it funny one day he's bombing his people (which have conflicting reports), then the next day he's handing out money and asking his people to flee the cities so they don't get killed.

As for the mercenaries, it is completely plausible for them to have been contracted by western intelligence to cause havoc in the city streets to give negative opinion about Gadhafi. Didn't we hire mercenaries in the Afghan war too? (NA)
edit on 19-3-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
.... instigated by the obama regime,

This is not instigated by the Obama regime.... it's instigated by the private forces that run the UN and who give orders to the Obama regime. The Obama regime instigates and runs nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
I just find it incredibly shocking, because Gadhafi was willing to accept a mediator to come in and talk to both sides without conflict. This was offered by Chavez, but the rebels turned down the offer. So with that response, the bloodshed kept going.

Source?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
People within Libya are using military force to over-throw Gadaffi.

ummm, correction !!!
people were protesting peacefully without violence
and without weapons when they were attacked
and murdered by Gadhaffi's Military.
I would call any attack on Gadhaffi
after that to be self defense.

And I feel the same way about Bahrain,
Saudi Arabia and Yemen.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
I would not be against arming the rebels

would u still want to arm the rebels
if you had intel reports saying the rebel
leaders were in fact covert Iranian Intelligence
Assets or Hamas or Hezbollah ???
edit on 3/19/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I want to know what makes you single the USA out when speaking of the action being taken by the UN.

Maybe cuz Gadhaffi has already
done the same thing. In a letter
to Obama from Gadhaffi he asks
Obama:

""If you found them taking over American cities by the
force of arms, tell me what you would do.""

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

would u still want to arm the rebels
if you had intel reports saying the rebel
leaders were in fact covert Iranian Intelligence
Assets ???

Is that a hypothetical? Or is there actual evidence of that you can post here for us to look at?
edit on 19-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Is that a hypothetical? Or is there actual evidence of that you can post here for us to look at?

for this thread, it is hypothetical
but it has been speculated on
in other threads as being possible.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

People within Libya are using military force to over-throw Gadaffi.

ummm, correction !!!
people were protesting peacefully without violence
and without weapons when they were attacked
and murdered by Gadhaffi's Military.
I would call any attack on Gadhaffi
after that to be self defense.

My point, which your subsequent posts appear to agree with, is that these 'rebels' have taken key military positions, and have been engaging in a military campaign of taking new ground, which is FAR more than self defense. I find it odd that the posts immediately following this one I am responding to appear to agree with tis sentiment.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Look at what Libya has done for the unemployed in Africa! All those merc's he hired would probably be bandits or maybe pirates
I think that people are overlooking the fact that Libya's army is "free lance". If it was Libyans vs Libyans it might be different but the free lance pool is now dry.

My personal opinion is that this is wrong wrong wrong.....that said my question to the above quote is What about "Black Water" I wonder if they hired bandits or pirates to kill and destroy in the name of justice for all....(OIL).
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I am not for interfering to begin with. Its none of our business.............but if we DID feel the need to side with the Rebels I would just arm them

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join