It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of water do you drink?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Anttyk47

I don't think that my setup here is typical for NZ.

I moved here from Australia and since I was "starting from scratch" (ie: there were no dwellings on the property at all, so I could design & build it the way I wanted).

I've made a few mistakes of logic in the original design but with remodelling & a bit of extra effort these are being smoothed out & I'm quite happy with the outcome.

My next project is going to be PV & battery backed up power (240 volt, true RMS, phase locked to the external supply) but it will take a while & a bit of money.

One thing I have learned is that things break down and wear out & the people who are involved in alternative energy gloss over that.

In NZ there are what we refer to Number 8 wire (fencing wire) solutions (It's kind of like the idea of using Duck Tape as a fix for everything). I seem to do a lot of that.

Hat's off to you. You have indeed spent your money wisely and i completely admire it to the fullest.
Especially since you're starting from scratch, you have probably learned that when you do it, try to do it right the first time. Instead of buying a home, why not design it? [Not trying to be a non-realist, just saying hats off]

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
English tap water

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

We drink mountain spring water, from a natural spring near here. Our city water tastes so bad the dog won't even drink it, and I hate bathing in it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I like frozen water which is run through the thawing out process.I find it more quenching when served above 32 degrees.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

i find that very odd... However i will try it lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Bottled water

cause tap water can be drank directly in my country

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by littlesheep

Can? or.. Can't? o.0

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I usually drink bottled water as I find our tap water tastes and smells like butt! Some days it's so rank I don't even want to shower in it.

There was an issue of an overgrowth of some sort of carbuncle or algae or something I know nothing about a few years back...and the water coming out of our taps literally smelled like dead fish! And then the city does a huge campaign to get everyone to drink tap water YEAH RIGHT!!

I don't have a particular brand preference in the bottled water dept...usually whatever's on sale. But does anyone else find that Nestle PureLife water tastes...um how to describe it... creamy??!! LOL...my husband thinks I've lost my mind but that's the only way I can describe it...like thicker than other water.

Michelle

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
I usually drink bottled water as I find our tap water tastes and smells like butt! Some days it's so rank I don't even want to shower in it.

There was an issue of an overgrowth of some sort of carbuncle or algae or something I know nothing about a few years back...and the water coming out of our taps literally smelled like dead fish! And then the city does a huge campaign to get everyone to drink tap water YEAH RIGHT!!

I don't have a particular brand preference in the bottled water dept...usually whatever's on sale. But does anyone else find that Nestle PureLife water tastes...um how to describe it... creamy??!! LOL...my husband thinks I've lost my mind but that's the only way I can describe it...like thicker than other water.

Michelle
Yes,although they don list it in the ingredients,Nestle adds water thickener.They then run the water through a vat with a giant egg beater to really fluff out the water and give it that creamy taste.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If the water stills needs to be thickened,nestle pours it into the water compactor.This condenses it and changes the molecular structure.Most other companies just bottle the "watered down " water which is just plain tap water.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok, after your first comment I was thinking...hmm that sounds bizarre and I think brindle is pulling my leg. Now I KNOW you're being a smarty pants
LOL...I seriously don't know how to describe it but it just leaves a weird feeling in my mouth when I drink that particular brand.

I'm pretty sure half the brands out there ARE just plain old tap water, but I don't mind as at least it doesn't have the floaties and nasty taste my own tap water has!

Michelle

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Nestle produces millions of plastic bottles,then leaves them out right before a hurricane rainstorm.Hurricane water is very thick.tHEY THEN HIRE LIKE 10 MEXICANS TO PUT THE CAPS ON ANS WRAP THE PLASTIC AROUND THE BOTTLES.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Straight from the tap, RI water is some of the best tasting in the country. If I'm anywhere out of the north east mostly the south I drink straight bottled water.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
On my property, I live in a rural area of New Zealand so we capture rainwater (from our roof).

From there it passes to a 6,000 litre underground concrete tank, where sediment can settle out & any biological processes occurring can complete.

From there it passes to a second 5000 litre underground concrete tank for storage.

It is coarsely pre-filtered prior to our pump, but this is primarily to ensure a long life for the pump.

From there it is pumped into a combined osmotic, resin and activated charcoal filter set, at mains pressure and supplies all water to the house.

Once a year we disconnect the osmotic filter and give it a blast of peroxide to kill any persistent bugs in the pipes & tanks. We normally give it 12 hours with the peroxide in the system & then purge it prior to re-engaging the filters.

That is so awesome! We are also living ecologically and are currently working towards complete self-sufficiency. Tap water is something I have not experienced in ages. When we got our own filtered water supply, my skin, hair and over all health has dramatically improved.

It is so sad when people increase their water intake, hoping to gain better health and even detox their bodies, when in fact most of them are actually putting more toxins in their bodies from tap water that is CHEMICALLY ALTERED. I would be interested to know if tap water is safe for human consumption anywhere in the world, not containing fluoride or chlorine for example.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I lick the moisture off my windows in the morning

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
My tap water is sourced from a municipally run treatment facility where it is drawn from a river known to contain industrial pollutants. It is chlorinated, fluoridated, etc. I've never been comfortable with any of this, so I purchased a Berkey water filter equipped with fluoride reduction filters and use this water for drinking and cooking. I am now much more aware of the chemical aftertaste of water that I may have to drink from a public fountain or in a restaurant. If I am away from home I usually bring along as much of my home filtered water as I practically can in order to minimize the ingestion of treated water from other sources.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
We run our well water through a Brita filter for drinking.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
i drink boiled water and pure water.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join