It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Alex Jones Ripping People Off Thru Fear Mongering with Potassium Iodide?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Is Alex Jones Ripping People Off Thru Fear Mongering with Potassium Iodide?

Check out the full article with more information at:

www.examiner.com...

This morning I woke up to some small buzz that is growing about Alex Jones buying Potassium Iodide from a seller for 20 bucks a pop with free shipping and then selling it for 40 bucks a pop with shipping at his website. Of course this follows his recent shows and media onslaught of talking about Radiation coming to the states from the Japan Nuclear Reactor incident on his show and website Infowars. So the question is this is Alex Jones making extra bucks off the suffering of the Japanese people?
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-3-2011 by ReverendPritchett because: Didn't seem like the link was showing up correctly on my end.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is my article and it is simply asking the question and if you research further you can see that infowars was bragging about having the only potassium Iodine in the country. I have never received a check from Examiner and just started using it after a 5 month hiatus. I think this story deserves more coverage. Thanks.

More sources are available in the article.

[url=http://www.examiner.com/paranormal-in-panama-city/is-alex-jones-ripping-people-off-thru-fear-mongering-with-potassium-iodide]www.examiner.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Alex jones ripping people off through his scare tactics? Someone has not been listening to Alex Jones for long.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think it is marked up about 300% (poss 4-5x due to the volume) but that is fair considering that others have taken advantage of the "inelastic" demand and raised prices by over 1000%. Supply and demand. As a kid we used to travel to FL and I would buy packs of firecrackers in SC for a nickel and sell them for a quarter when I returned to Va. It wasnt from hoarding but rather from providing supply at what the market would bear where everybody was happy.

But there was no panic to buy firecrackers either.

edit on 18-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with profiting from the unnecessary paranoia idiots have.

Thats what they get for listening to the media and not doing their own research.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Im sure in Alexs mind he feels he is doing the right thing.
I support Infowars 100% .
Give the guy a break.
Half of you couldnt walk in his shoes for one day.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Can anyone post a cheaper source (that is not "backordered")?
I didnt think so; consider the profit a donation to his program.
edit on 18-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ReverendPritchett

Ok, followed the links and read the forum. Looks like a forum dedicated to AJ haters. Oh well.

Anyway, following back to AJ's site to the original article, it states that the original order was for staff and families. Hardly an evil deed.

So he's selling the rest at $40 after buying for $20. So what?

He pays staff, shipping and handling etc. Also, after seeing some very unscrupulous dealers jacking prices of the same pack as high as $400, this hardly seems greedy.

Just saying...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
With the type of radiation that can come from Japan... is radioactive iodine even able to survive that journey without dispersing and falling into the ocean?

I am very skeptical that radioactive iodine will make the journey, however ionized radiation can... so popping iodine pills to block radioactive iodine sounds irrational if there is no means by which radioactive iodine can make it ashore along a 5,478 miles (8,815 km) journey.

That's our safety shield.. the vast distance with plenty of time to cause fallout like radioactive isotopes to simply land into the ocean and contaminate our food supply.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The truth is there are hundreds of natural ways to receive Iodine.

www.naturalhealthtechniques.com...

The pills carry many side effects.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

ReverendPritchett, Alex Jones has been defrauding the public intellectualy for years, so the step from psychological genocide to small time fraud crook , is probably not a big one for him.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzscapez
Im sure in Alexs mind he feels he is doing the right thing.
I support Infowars 100% .
Give the guy a break.
Half of you couldnt walk in his shoes for one day.

bwhahahahaha If the right thing is taking money from a iodine co by advertising it. Iodine is not going to save you from radiation.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Your getting it cheaper than Thyrosafe (soldout) Thyroshield (sold out). Thumbs up for him.

Read my previous posts. I don't like the guy very much, but he has become a "public service radio" in a very serious emergency no matter what I think of his political agenda.

I know first hand that you cannot leave a nuke plant over 1REM (by the way an airport body scanner gives you 0.75REM..........scary)

The problem with this is that the potassium iodate is for short term emergency 1 month maybe. This radiation is very dangerous as we are between a rock and a hard place. The radiation will last for our lifetime. The thyroid blockers cant be taken for years as your thyroid would shut down due to abuse.

We should find out who those men are that are in those plants trying to save thae world and donate to thier families. Likewise we should criminally charge those that forged safety reports (already admitted) and jail them for life or worse.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The price will be back down below $20 in 6 months,,,,,asssuming no nuclear accidents in this country in the meantime.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
Nothing wrong with profiting from the unnecessary paranoia idiots have.

Thats what they get for listening to the media and not doing their own research.

Ironically, it can also be because of the other way around aswell; That too many people are NOT listening to what the Media says, and ONLY do and listen to their own research, which is much too often way too biased research, and tadaa- They have lost their way in Fear Mongering-la la land.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Federal Agency (FEMA, DHS, and The FDA) have bought all remaining supplies. Why?...... because they see no risk? right.

Or maybe they are so kind to keep it away from you to keep you from o.d.ing.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Any snake oil salemen perpetrating the potassium iodide hoax might want to watch out they don't find themselves up on manslaughter charges.

Apparently there are already reports of Americans getting ill from taking the pointless (if you live in America) substance, which can have quite severe side effects.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hi Rev.,
It's nice to see you again.

If it is true than it is Capitalism at its finest. This doesn't make it right. The problem is that according to the global wind patterns the radiation clouds are flowing straight across the U.S. but if you think about it, in the U.S. we are always looking for the quick fix. Take a pill and it's over. Unfortunately with radiation this is not really the case. But the good news is, is that most of the radiation is dissipating over the Pacific prior to reaching the coast.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Princton University fallout map for Chernobyl

edit on 18-3-2011 by Analyze76 because: Bad Link

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

I get a blank page from your link

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join