It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Food Prices Expected To Rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Canadian food prices to rise by up to 8%, TD warns

"Canadians need to be prepared for rising food prices," economist Francis Fong said in a research report.

More GTA food prices set to rise

Torontonians will be paying between five and seven per cent more for groceries on average by the end of the year, economists say.

A family that spends about $400 a month on groceries could end up paying up to $340 extra in a year.

So far the major canadian news including CBC and local news such as Pulse 24 have been avoiding the isssus of rising food prices, rather then talking about the food prices, our local CP24 here in toronto is giving the viewers alots of fake happiness and fake smiles.

$400 a month for groceries is just way to much, when will our fellow canadians here ever wake up and start protesting dont you think its time cause how long are we going to wait before they kill us?

Heres what i am paying now in canada

$100 month for rogers
$50 or 60 for gas
$100,200$ for groceries
$12 for comic, manga
$90 60 bucks for PS3,XBOX360 Video Game.
$5 environmental tax (Newly added)

i dont remember canada been like this before
edit on 18-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I wish I only spent 400 dollars a month in groceries, I have two teens!!! Try more like 600.00 if I'm lucky, lol. Alot of people in my neck of the woods (far east coast) have been complaining about the prices lately, not only is gas around 1.20 per litre, but to get yourself a kg of say maxwell house coffee has risen from an average of 5.99 to 13.99 when it's not on sale, chicken breast is approximately 20.00 for four boneless skinless chicken breasts...the average box of cereal is now 4.99 or 5.99 (I'm not talking family size either)..it's getting insane but I've already began stocking up on essentials like rice (2kg box 8.09), and canned goods. And toliet paper? Are you kidding me that it's a great deal to get 24 rolls for 13.99 of Charmin? I mean, it's toliet paper! Talk about literally flushing your money down the loo, uggh.

We still have sales of course and I have to admit the Sobey's buy one get 1 free sales (which are common in eastern canada) are a godsend despite the uppricing on the original price. I know alot of canadians who regularly trip to Maine to buy groceries for this very reason and I would consider doing the same if the proximity outweighed the gas costs in the difference. I think the rise in gases prices will continue to yank the cost of groceries higher as the year goes on. Having a freezer, even if it's apartment sized and stocking up now is something I would advise to everyone, whether canadian or in a different part of our global society. It's not going to get better anytime soon, rather it will get worse.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
you can thank crooks like harper and mcguinty who blatantly lie and hand out canada's taxes to friends and politicians like candy.

when they retire, they just take on 6-7 board of director jobs, as compensation for helping their crooked thieving friends, with annual salaries of $400,000 each, where they show up 3 times a year, eat catered food and laugh it up.

but what do you expect from a country, where a known member and soldier of the bonnano crime family, was actually a member of federal parliament, alfonso gagliano.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
"will be rising"

"going to rise"

Every time I go to the store, prices are more than the last time, on many things. Now when I shop, I make a list for essentials, and buy only what's on sale. Then I work my menus around that. I'm just glad that I know how to cook a lot from scratch.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am in the foodservice industry in the US and I can tell you that food prices are rising....but we have not seen the true rise in the market to where it should be. Many distributors are waiting to rise prices to what they should be in fears that it will scare the consumers, or that people would not be able to pay the prices.

Cooking from scratch is the only way to save money in this sort of enviroment. I recently authored a thread that touches on food and shtf situations. It can be usefull even before a catastrophe. Take a look if it fits your needs.

A Chef's Guide to 2012

top topics

join