It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano Activity Japan Honshü Island, [Mount Fuji, Chubu Region]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Volcano Activity Japan Honshü Island, [Mount Fuji, Chubu Region]

hisz.rsoe.hu

The reasons for these assessments are recent 5-6 magnitude earthquakes on the volcano. The last time the volcano erupted was in 1707 when a new crater appeared on it and Tokyo streets ( named do at the time) were covered with 15 sm ash. Eruption of the national symbol will completely " smash" Japan which has just 2 days to stave off nuclear explosion at APS Fukushima affected by tsunami.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.nationalgeographic.com
www.volcanolive.com

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Mods if this is in the wrong section please move

Hey I am new and this is my intro as it is my first tread so go easy on me (=

Well the earthquake and the tsunami plus the nuclear disaster is not enough it appears.

Warnings on SROE for volcanic activity on mount Fuji today just in.

From vulcanonews.com
A large earthquake (mag 6.2) occurred under Mt Fuji Volcano, Japan on 15th March at 10:31 pm, local time. The epicentre was located 7 km SSW of the summit. The focus was shallow at 10 km. Mt Fuji last erupted in 1708 and is still considered an active volcano.

Let's just hope this isn't going to be a full scale eruption.

More info to come when updated.

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
love and peace

Bram.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
wow... I'm hoping this isn't true, I mean... It's almost like a movie already, I can't believe my eyes anymore. So MANY disasters, riots and all that happening in a so small amount of time. It's starting to get really creepy...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

Poor Japan....my prayers go out to them. I hate to say it but Time to wake up and smell the apocalypse coffee people!!! Even if the best is upon us, being prepared for the worst can't hurt.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius

Time to wake up and smell the apocalypse coffee people!!! Even if the best is upon us, being prepared for the worst can't hurt.

It doesn't state eruption, it states activity.

So don't panic yet.

I am not really into doom&panic.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps

Time to wake up and smell the apocalypse coffee people!!! Even if the best is upon us, being prepared for the worst can't hurt.

So don't panic yet.

Sorry you misunderstood me...telling people to prepare doesn't mean "OMG RUN FOR THE HILLS WERE ALL GUNNA DIE TOMORROW!!!!111" A glance at the events of the past 3 months will tell you something happening to this planet..what exactly? i have no clue. Just like this evacuation is a precaution preparation is a precaution.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

So don't panic yet.

Sorry you misunderstood me...telling people to prepare doesn't mean "OMG RUN FOR THE HILLS WERE ALL GUNNA DIE TOMORROW!!!!111" A glance at the events of the past 3 months will tell you something happening to this planet..what exactly? i have no clue. Just like this evacuation is a precaution preparation is a precaution.

Well you are right about that one, there is a lot going on latly and it is very strange to see these things follow up one after the other.

I get this strange feeling when I watch everything unfold.

But what could it be

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What would the effected area be if she blew?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Sorry if my last reply offended, was in the mood for putting it in laymans terms, volcano's by nature are near on impossible to predict their ferocity and therefore affected area... there are far too many variables to consider. for example, an eruption at yellowstone doesn;t immediately mean an ELE, could just be a small eruption, however, if the whole thing were to go... buy a generator and head for somewhere else... like mars.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Depends on the magnitude of the explosion itself. A good way to judge is how far out they evacuate everyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well, I don't know of any more quakes since the one mentioned..it was discussed on the volcano thread. As to the damage...depends on the eruption, type and size. The potential there though is just....well, beyond words. Let's pray that it doesn't waken.

I have to mention the date of the last eruption. 1707. Anyone familiar with West Coast seismic history may recognize that as the date the last time we had our mega-thrust quake. I do not believe in coincidences.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Well, I don't know of any more quakes since the one mentioned..it was discussed on the volcano thread. As to the damage...depends on the eruption, type and size. The potential there though is just....well, beyond words. Let's pray that it doesn't waken.

I have to mention the date of the last eruption. 1707. Anyone familiar with West Coast seismic history may recognize that as the date the last time we had our mega-thrust quake. I do not believe in coincidences.

I don't believe in coincidences either and I really hope this was just a burp.

Following all the events happening the last ten years it looks like something strait out of science fiction.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yes it is indeed interesting how things seem to be compounding
in a disastrous manor.
I know Japan is a hot zone for volcanic activity,. but come on already
with everything going on globally, one could believe in end time predictions

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I think that depends largely on the scale of the eruption, and the causitive factors of the eruption. Now, Fujiyama, is a composite, or stratovolcano. Of all the kinds of volcano there are, these are the most prone to explosive eruptions. They either slowly release gas over extended periods, or remain quiet for a time, and then blow a massive burst of pyroclastic matter all over the place at once.
However, as I said, figuring out what the likely damage radius of any potential eruption would be, would require detailed information that we just dont have right now, like the construction of the inside of the volcano, what , if anything the effect of the quake has been on its structure, and how much pressure is built up in that thing.
The more danger there is from the volcano, the more information will come out about it. Either that, or we will find out what the damage will be , when it erupts and spews lava, ash, and other pyroclastic crap all over the place.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Yes it is indeed interesting how things seem to be compounding
in a disastrous manor.
I know Japan is a hot zone for volcanic activity,. but come on already
with everything going on globally, one could believe in end time predictions

Or coming change of mind on a global scale? Or maybe even universal?

(even sometimes yes it does remind me of the end of times story, but that is just a story.)

Every generation thinks they are the last

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So don't panic yet.

I just checked now and it might be a new alert since this one does say eruption, it was translated, so looks like some mess up with the coding but make what you will, I think it means erupting

Japan that has not managed to recover after the first blow of natural disasters ( earthquakes and tsunamis) is risking to be overtaken by a new misery resulting from these disasters. Japanese Seismic Service has reported of a threat of its symbol, Fujiyama volcano’s eruption. The reasons for these assessments are recent 5-6 magnitude earthquakes on the volcano. The last time the volcano erupted was in 1707 when a new crater appeared on it and Tokyo streets ( named do at the time) were covered with 15 sm ash. Eruption of the national symbol will completely " smash" Japan which has just 2 days to stave off nuclear explosion at APS Fukushima affected by tsunami. So far Japanese Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) has increased the danger degree at wrecking Automatic power station Fukushima -1 till the 5th level out of 7 possible ones. International Atomic Energy Agency(IAEA) already considers wreckage at Japanese APS Fukushima-Daiichi the most serious one since Chernobyl catastrophe of 1986. Japanese government has already asked the USA for technical assistance to push aside wreckage on APS built under General Electric technology. At present it has been officially affirmed that another 6.200 people have become victims of Japanese earthquake on 11 March. Nearly 10.200 people are considered missing.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What stunned me about the volcano eruption was the lightning that surrounded it... seemed a little odd..

Source:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Are you sure about that year for the mega-thrust quake? I can't find it here en.wikipedia.org... or here en.wikipedia.org... or here earthquake.usgs.gov...

I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just trying to find it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join