It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Nuclear Plume Projected to 19 March 2011, see this source site for updated active tracking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Found this site this morning during morning news intake, and thought this was perfect for every one interested in the disaster.

Please note, scroll down to bottom for english readers;

Accident in the Japanese NPP Fukushima: Spread of Radioactivity

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bfcd5e7ce5f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If that wind changes direction Japan are in a lot of trouble

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Yes, and if any one watches the animation linked above, at bottoom of page, the radiation is almost to the tip of Alaska, and don't fade until 140 degree west, right off coast of Washington State and norther Cali.

People need to take into consideration the ecological and environmental effects of this.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Great info posted here, i wonder if that would get updated if the weather changes?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

That site is supposedly reporting most up to date info, at least as far as I could find.

I do hope they will, seems to be the most accurate so far too.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What does the color key represent?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the link.

That's pretty messed up.

There's no telling how bad this could turn out to be. But it will be bad, any loss of containment is a terrible tragedy.

I won't be surprised if there are huge movements worldwide to shut down nuclear power.
Hmmm, such a strange set of events.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RRstl1000

The levels of radiation

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think that gigantic storm in the Pacific is going to throw all kinds of monkeys into the wrench.

Found an interesting arrow pointing to the Alaska area in Google Earth weather. Very interesting indeed

edit on 18-3-2011 by Jomina because: better picture

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Update 2:38 p.m. A small amount of radiation, the coast of southern California reached. That said a diplomat from Associated Press recently. The amount is according to the diplomat, however, "one billion times below the levels that would threaten public health."

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Very good find, I knew I saw some of the leak heading that way, if that second system pushes easternly it could north america coasts on the north west region.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
For those interested, here is a live feed of a geiger counter stationed in Seattle, WA
Seattle Geiger

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I started this thread a couple days ago...........www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look at the original projection map...............the forcast has definately changed.........

Austrian forecast map shows possible radioactivity EAST of Los Angeles by March 18 NO FEARMONGERING

edit on 18-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It appears the Russians are very concerned about wind changes as well. On Kamchatka, they have set up a hot line for the public to call for latest radiation levels.

Link

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by Jomina

Very good find, I knew I saw some of the leak heading that way, if that second system pushes easternly it could north america coasts on the north west region.

That's a bit of my thought, too.

The thing with that storm is it's got a fair bit of rotation going, as well, which means that, if it has caught up any of the radioactive particulates from the plants (which is likely, since the southern end of it WAS basically over that area of Japan to begin with), they could be anywhere within that storm.

I think, if there's any radioactivity to be found in it all, this storm could be quite serendipitous, dispersing it over mainly uninhabited areas of canada and further north.

We'll see, I guess. Just makes for that much more "interesting" stuff going on (e.g. the ol' Chinese curse).

I am still wondering about that weird arrow, though lol This is all just too much and is getting ridiculous

edit on 18-3-2011 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

top topics

join