It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MyATS thread links to your reply instead of last?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I might be missing something here, but wouldn't it be a little more user friendly if the thread links on the MyATS section pointed to the particular users last reply in the thread instead of the very last reply in the thread? I am constantly having to read both the MyATS page and my member's profile replied threads section in order to find the correct page # that I replied in order to look up people who respond to me after I have went on to do other things for a while.

Like I said though I might be missing something and this seems like something that would have been brought up given the frequency that people like myself complain on the interwebz, is there a way to configure my profile so it does this? Maybe it is just that I haven't explored the options on this website enough, but if so it might be a good idea to make this default?

I hope someone important reads this and incentives might be that there would be more people able to actually communicate with one another on this forum instead of a bunch of one liners.

Thanks for your consideration,
RSF

Edit: Sorry couldn't resist the urge to type "interwebz" with a z
edit on 18-3-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but "tools/messages/replies" will list everyone who has replied to you in any and all threads.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Yea, that's what I am up to, but I'm just saying wouldn't it be nice if the links on the MyATS section of subscribed threads linked to your last reply instead of the last reply in the thread. A link to a thread with 77 replies does me no good if I actually wrote something 3 days ago somewhere in there that I would not even be able to find using said link, said link is useless.

The MyATS page is very useful in finding the threads I like keeping up with and I like it, though I'm not sure everyone feels the same way, I'm just saying it would be more useful if it linked to my last post instead of a few dozen posts later where I would otherwise have to go back and find where I was at and read further etc etc.

Edit: Some people reply to your posts without actually formally replying via reply button, plus its nice to get a good impression of the flow of conversation.
edit on 18-3-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

what happens if you have not posted to that thread - you can subscribe without posting

i would reffer it to jump to the lsast unread post in the thread

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There is always the member drop down bar under your avatar.
Just click on 'view posts' and it will take you to all your posts in order from latest to first.
edit on 18-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join