It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is wrong with Comcast digital cable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have experienced allot of issues in poor quality service with Comcast digital cable/internet here in the U.S. And now they want to buy out N.B.C.? Don't they care about their costumers and what they pay? Comcast over charges for poor quality service and they dont give a damn. They care about money more than there costumers! Allot of my friends have Comcast and they say it screws up to many times and charges very unfairly. Does any one else agree with this?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

I whole heartedly concur with your position.
However in my neighborhood they are the only truly high speed game in town.
There are however other "internet providers" so it is not technically a monopoly.
Yep Comcast sucks.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Dig the concept. M O N O P O L Y. This means they don't HAVE to care.
edit on 18-3-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: Accidental unfinished post sorry

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I had Comcast for a few years and hated it.Not only did they impose a monthly bandwith limit but also were throttling BitTorrent traffic.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I had comcast, turned into time warner. They are not any better.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maka213

That's the problem some of my friends were having. If you ask me they need at the least a better manager or something that actually cares about who pays for their service. Do you know anything about A.T.&T cable services?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Yea. That's what they are looking like now. One big pain in my ass monopoly!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Comcast does suck now g146541. They used to be pretty good and popular back when I was growing up. But now I don't know.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with Comcast digital cable?

Answer: EVERYTHING.

Helpful tip: You can make a satellite dish out of beer cans and microwave oven parts. And it's not stealing if you pull in 'open' or non restricted / encoded broadcasts.

This can be done, if you want TV that bad. Me, I'm watching the 'over the air' stuff via a digital converter box. I'm not paying for this crap. These old rerun shows and movies are the same crap that's on cable, anyway.

I would not even expend the effort to steal cable (easy to do in my present spot), or take the time to build a home made satellite dish and receiver.

It can be done. There's loads of info on the net. No fear of legal issues either if you're receiving an open broadcast.

Research it if you want, it isn't that hard to do. I gave up on the idea myself because I just don't care that much about TV.

Plus, the stuff I do like - such as documentaries - can be found on the net - so you might want to look at that route also.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
]Do you know anything about A.T.&T cable services?

The only thing i really know about AT&T is their DSL service.It's pretty good for DSL and the customer service was very helpful.I'm currently on satellite from Wildblue and i can tell you to avoid it at all costs.I have found nothing good about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maka213

OK.. I have friends and family that love A.T.&T internet. they say nothing but positive things about it. I'm still curious on the cable services. But I might go ahead and build my own satellite dish that gets free service like one member talked about in another reply. I guess it would be a fun project for the weekend.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

I might actually try building my own dish Whiffer Nipplets. Looks like it would be fun and
interesting to work on.

edit on 19-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

I might actually try building my own dish Whiffer Nipplets. Looks like it would be fun and
interesting to work on.

Might be nice experience.

join