It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The *REAL* Battle of LA on Syfy's Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files Next Week!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sneak Peek:

Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files Season 2 premieres on Wednesday, March 23rd at 10/9c after Ghost Hunters on Syfy.

I love that the group goes out to try and re-enact these paranormal videos and photos, though they conclude that a video was hoaxed if they were able to recreate it, which I don't entirely agree with. I can't wait for the new season, several new UFO related videos are investigated. I'm not sure what videos "Raining UFO's", "Alien Intruder", and "Nightly News Alien" refer to though.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Love the old weather balloon explanation for UFOs. Gets me everytime.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'd love for them to test the "Norway Spiral"-missile explanation, but I doubt that there's a way for them to get their hands on a Russian bulava missile. Maybe there is a smaller scale experiment they can do to test this theory?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Did anyone else watch the episode tonight? They debunked that the object in the photo was simply an artifact produced by the spotlights and gunfire because the lights would have kept shining through the convergent point.

They also tested a weather balloon. While the photo they took with the balloon and lights did look similar, they had to rule it out because all the gunfire would have surely hit the balloon as was replicated in the episode. It's still a mystery.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Not unless they can get something to a very high altitude. It is the reduced gravity environment combined with spinning and spewing rockets that make those spirals. Doing a small scale at a lower altitude will not show anything.

And, unfortunately, there is no conclusion they can come to, no experiment they can do, and no more investigation that can be done concerning the LA event during WW2, so no they "solve" it, lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
At 00:50 they shoot down the weather balloon and reveal the results of the investigation:

I'm not sure what happened to Larry this season

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You can see a comparison of the original photo before it was touched up for the newspaper here, along with some other photos of the damage that occurred.

framework.latimes.com...

The next day, on Feb. 26, The Times published a photo page with a retouched version of the above searchlight photo and seven other images of damage from falling anti-aircraft shells. This six-photo gallery includes two versions of the searchlight photo. The first was recently found at the Los Angeles Times Photographic Archive at UCLA by Simon Elliott, researcher in the Department of Special Collections at UCLA. The second version — retouched — was published in 1942. The second version exists as a copy negative also at UCLA.

There's also another photo from the battle that LIFE magazine printed.

books.google.com...

edit on 24-3-2011 by freelance_zenarchist because: ▲

top topics

join