It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan plans no more air drops on reactor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
YAMAGATA, Japan – Japan's military says it does not plan further helicopter air drops of water on overheating reactors at a tsunami-ravaged nuclear plant

Defense ministry spokesman Ippo Mayama said Friday that further helicopter runs were not planned, following several runs the day before. He did not say why. It was unclear what effect the water drops had on the targeted reactor.
looks like yahoo pulled the link the page is wrong the article poofed

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 17-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They stopped doing it because its pointless.....it achieved nothing.
The people in the choppers were either very brave, very stupid, or very obedient.
You could see they didnt want to get very close...the majority of the water missed the plants...even more missed the reactors. By the time it hits the ground or reactor its such a fine mist it would evaporate off in no time.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Right...pointless. Squirt gun in a forest fire.

Basically, they need to ask a single prisoner to volunteer to run a damn hose up to the proper area and stick it in...knowing it is a death sentence, but give them a perk of a clear record and perhaps family perk upon success...

This is actually not as cruel as it sounds. Japan is built on honor. many prisoners whom are doing life and have brought dishonor would gladly jump at the chance to do this verses rot away in a cell for life in shame.

Otherwise, we sit back and wait for it to go nuclear..literally.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think very little water was even makeing it into the plants i was watching them drop it and it looked like the wind was takeing most of it away..
I think the brave men in the choppers were doing there best its to bad it didn't help,I think there running out of ideas on how to tame the beast i feel sorry for the japanese people each day just get worse

new topics

top topics

join