It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Problem In Japan: Is Obama Partly Responsible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I was wondering why the US Military didn't fly over some generators from the start of this mess, perhaps this answers my question.

Don't let a crisis go to waste...wonder where I heard that before.

From the BBC:

2226: The Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper, quoting a senior official of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan, said the US made the offer immediately after the disaster damaged Fukushima No 1 nuclear plant. According to the unnamed senior official, US support was based on dismantling the troubled reactors run by Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) some 250 km (155 miles) northeast of Tokyo. However, the government and TEPCO thought the cooling system could be restored by themselves, the report said.

Am I reading this right?

Our government demanded that the Japanese dismantle - that is, permanently remove - over five gigawatts of power in order to help them with a critical safety problem that had the potential to destroy 100 square miles of land and kill or injure thousands of people?

That as compensation for helping them we demanded that they cripple their electrical generating capacity on a permanent basis?

You have to be kidding me.

This is an extremely serious charge. If it's true it stands alone as grounds for impeachment and dismembering of every single federal agency involved.

Perhaps this explains why the US Military and/or civilian authorities didn't stick a couple of big-ass generators on a transport plane and get them over there, restoring power to the reactors within hours of the incident and avoiding all of the serious radiation and physical damage at the plant.

This allegation is ridiculously incendiary and demands an immediate and complete Congressional investigation. Not only do the citizens of the United States deserve to know the truth (or falsity) of this charge (and who initiated it if it is false), but so do the Japanese people.

If this is how this man treats our friends and attempts to use a crisis threatening the lives of civilians to score a political point and advance his "green" agenda.....

market-ticker.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't think it would have been as easy as flying over some generators to fix the problem, also who says we had them readily available but it does sound bad that we would want them to permanently cripple there power supply.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Jonessee22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
the reactor is in the wrong place so it should be dismantled along with all the rest and especially those which are on a fault line we should turn away from nuclear power all together.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Japan operates its grid on 50hz and the US operates on 60hz. You'd need one hell of a rectifier to ... well ... rectify that.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
yeah....ANYTHING BAD that happens in the entire world is Obamas fault. you just have to listen to FOXNEWS and they give you a day by day update.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
yeah....ANYTHING BAD that happens in the entire world is Obamas fault. you just have to listen to FOXNEWS and they give you a day by day update.

This looks like it came from the BBC? IF this is true the blogger is right. It deserves a congressional inquiry. Hopefully though, it is nothing more than the normal hysteria of nuclear ignorance.

I highly doubt our government put conditions on aid like this. Call me naive if you like, but people's lives are at stake.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens

Originally posted by jimmyx

This looks like it came from the BBC? IF this is true the blogger is right. It deserves a congressional inquiry. Hopefully though, it is nothing more than the normal hysteria of nuclear ignorance.

I highly doubt our government put conditions on aid like this. Call me naive if you like, but people's lives are at stake.

I found this dated 4 days ago:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

22.10 Japan turned down a US offer to provide technical support for cooling fuel rods at nuclear reactors hit by a massive earthquake and tsunami, a Japanese newspaper reported on Friday. The United States made the offer immediately after the disaster caused damage to Fukushima No.1 nuclear plant, the Yomiuri Shimbun said, quoting a senior official of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan.

compare to the quote in the thread

2226: The Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper, quoting a senior official of the ruling Democratic Party of Japan, said the US made the offer immediately after the disaster damaged Fukushima No 1 nuclear plant. According to the unnamed senior official, US support was based on dismantling the troubled reactors run by Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) some 250 km (155 miles) northeast of Tokyo. However, the government and TEPCO thought the cooling system could be restored by themselves, the report said

I am not an Obama fan, but someone's playing games here.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Which is what I am questioning...

and I am ruling out the source I got the information from
edit on 17-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

top topics

join