It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crisis Prompts Exodus of Executives From Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Crisis Prompts Exodus of Executives From Tokyo

www.nytimes.com

TOKYO — The crisis at the nuclear power plant 140 miles north of here is leading to a steady but orderly departure of business executives from Tokyo. Foreigners in particular are among those leaving, as concerns grow about the possibility of a catastrophic release of radiation and governments urge their citizens to consider seeking safety elsewhere in Japan or overseas.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is one of the signals many ATSers were looking for. The rich, powerful, elite and their families getting out of Japan.

That is, before the true nature of the catastrophe becomes known by those who just listen to the "boob tube".

All those with means and money will be leaving, and all the poor people who watch the TV will be there cooking in thier own juices.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA: The captain at NAF Atsugi posted a video about evacuation earlier. It has been removed from NAFAtsugi youtube channel. Another thread on this already.

edit on 17-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: added info

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Oh look, I'm not a hater on the rich but wow, the first big guys are the first to get the hell out of there while 140,000 people remain locked in their rooms not being able to do anything, lacking food supplies and water. This is disgusting. It is heartbreaking to see that 98% of the population is being controlled by the upper 2%. We all know this class difference is sad and pathetic. All prayers and hope go to the people of Japan during this crisis. May the people of Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Palestine have all place in our hearts as well!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

Katrina all over again.. but this time the poor won't be kicked out of their houses and off their land for the BIG ASSHOLES to take because the soil will be poisoned for years to come..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
FYI, I and others saw the video from the captain; it was not too comforting. It has been removed, don't know why.
Maybe too much truth??? The video is now removed. Hopefully someone downloaded it or mirrored it before it disappeared:
Link to NAFAtsugi youtube post on ATS

F--- all this hiding of critical info. I'm def PO'd sorry!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

We need some world wide action now! the UN need to pull their finger out of their you know what, and mass evacuate everyone at risk.
I know how big of an operation i am talking, but this is a huge disaster, with many many lives at risk.
Japan's leaders need to come clean about the extent of the disaster, and the outcome.

I think the only people who should stay are the people in charge (government) and the nuclear burocrates. and they should go down with their country, like a captian goes down with his ship

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Someone found the video! Credit to usmc858!! You can see how this video release about evacuation went, and decide for yourselves. Thanks usmc858!

Link to ATS post: Link

Gettin' the info out despite all the bad ones.....
edit on 17-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: added link

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dadfortruth1

I know how big of an operation i am talking, but this is a huge disaster, with many many lives at risk.
Japan's leaders need to come clean about the extent of the disaster, and the outcome.

I believe you are correct. That's the way it should work. Everyone should expect their politicians to come clean about the ways in which they are hiding the ways in which we should F'IN DIE!!!

How does the politician love thee? Let us count the ways: TAX $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I was a young man (18 yrs) during the three mile island disaster, and it barely registered on my "radar screen". Later on Chernobyl was only a little more visible on my "screen" because I was a little older and a more educated. But I still did not know, even though I was attending University (as a science major) that radionuclides were floating around the globe in both incidents.

But now I'm not so stupid, and I'm afraid I see the writing on the wall. F----'d up IMO.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.... Those who can are doing and you think it's messed up?

Tis the law of humanity and has been since the dawn of time....

new topics

top topics

join