It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House calls on Congress to make 'illegal streaming' a felony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

White House calls on Congress to make 'illegal streaming' a felony

www.rawstory.com

Under current law, copyright infringement already carries felony penalties, but the 20-page white paper [PDF] noted that questions have been raised about whether broadcasting audio or video live over the Internet constitutes the unauthorized distribution of copyrighted works.

The white paper called on Congress "to ensure that DOJ and U.S. law enforcement agencies are able to effectively combat infringement involving new technology" by clarifying that streaming unauthorized audio or video is a f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Let's get straight to the point here. The Obama administration isn't only asking for congress to make the streaming of unauthorized content illegal but they're also trying to ask if streaming audio or video on the internet is illegal or not. If they take streaming audio or video away from us... will we be silent or will we let them know that we disapprove of their policies? Is Anon VS the Obama administration next? This is taking it too far... Obama seems more content with the support of the RIAA than the people at large.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-3-2011 by Frankidealist35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Somebody allready beat ya to it. Sorry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
my question has been this: how does Netflix work, as far as the Studios making money? Do they get payed on a per-view basis taken from a percentage of the member's fee? I ask this because i've always wondered, if i'm paying for netflix, i have access to pretty much every film i want. Now say I download a film via torrent.....how exactly is it different from me streaming it/ renting it from netflix? Some say it's because i can keep it, but as long as i'm paying for Netflix, i can still also watch the film as many times as i want...

i dunno.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I guess one question would be is: how do they prove you've been illegally streaming video? What if you just take it down? Seems rather sketchy. What about youtube??

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
What they are saying is that the truth streaming videos will be treated as felonies. They want it to be a felony to bare true witness!

edit on (3/21/1111 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join