It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supermassive black hole spawns 'Eye of Sauron'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/853fb48de941.jpg[/atsimg]

"In the eye's "pupil," X-rays (blue) from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory mix with visible-light data (yellow) from the Jacobus Kapteyn Telescope in the Canary Islands"

"The X-ray emission near the galaxy's heart was likely caused by an outburst powered by the supermassive black hole..."

"...an outburst has happened in the relatively recent past. They imply that periods of high activity are common..."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Didn't find this in search...pretty neat. Finding something new in space everyday!! "...perhaps astronomers will now scan the heavens for Gandalf's Staff, or the Mirror of Galadriel."

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
that is one big supermassive black hole O_O.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Black Holes are one of my favorite things out there. Imagine two supermassive black holes colliding with each other, what would happen? Would they suck each other up and destroy the entire universe, or would they combine into one ultra-supermassive black hole that eats up everything anywhere near it? Maybe they would spin around each other faster and faster while trying to suck each other up and somehow turn back time, superman style. I just hope that space orks don't emerge from this "Eye of Sauron" and try to destroy the universe.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

May the one who has the most mass, win.

Second.
edit on 17-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if we sent someone in the black hole? We should put Gadaffi in a spaceship with cameras and send him into a black hole, that way we could discover what happens and we would rid the earth of one awful man and save many people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleDreamer

I think the actual scientific term is "spaghettification", however wacky that sounds. What happens is your body would be stretched out, and it gets cut into halfs, and those halfs get cut into halfs, all while you're stretching out. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works, I remember watching some show a while back over Black Holes and that's how they described it.

Also, I think you would time travel inside of it. The scenario I remember was if you were being sucked into the black hole, and you looked up at the spaceship that you were released from, from the spaceships point of view you would still be visible, but in reality they're just seeing the light and you're being spaghettified inside the black hole.
edit on 17-3-2011 by TupacShakur because: Black Holes blow my mind

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Woah! Ok, but we could prove it if we sent Gaddafi in one

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I think the actual scientific term is "spaghettification", however wacky that sounds. What happens is your body would be stretched out, and it gets cut into halfs, and those halfs get cut into halfs, all while you're stretching out. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works, I remember watching some show a while back over Black Holes and that's how they described it.

Also, I think you would time travel inside of it. The scenario I remember was if you were being sucked into the black hole, and you looked up at the spaceship that you were released from, from the spaceships point of view you would still be visible, but in reality they're just seeing the light and you're being spaghettified inside the black hole.

LOL! I watch this as well. Black holes are the bomb tho!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

Nice, at the end the guy's like "If I were to pick a way to go that'd be the way I'd want to go".

I don't know about that, I feel like being spaghettified would be too much for my mind to handle, and I would have a mental breakdown right before dying. Would your mind even be able to function while you're being spaghettified? You're being stretched out, so I would imagine your brain would be stretched out too, so is that when you would die? Or would your body still be functioning normally, but just really stretched out like that stretchy guy from the Fantastic Four?

So much to think about, a total mind ****.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Black Holes are one of my favorite things out there. Imagine two supermassive black holes colliding with each other, what would happen? Would they suck each other up and destroy the entire universe, or would they combine into one ultra-supermassive black hole that eats up everything anywhere near it? Maybe they would spin around each other faster and faster while trying to suck each other up and somehow turn back time, superman style. I just hope that space orks don't emerge from this "Eye of Sauron" and try to destroy the universe.

they'd spin round in ever decreasing circles and disappear up their own orifice, which is what occurs with the actual hypothesis of black holes when you really look into the origins of the theory.
good science fiction, but sorry guys, their existence is a presumption that has been bandied around for so many years it is taken as a given.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

You can't be serious.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I dont think spaghettified justifies the "gravity" of what happens. lol

Atomized sounds about right to me, Atom buy atom your body would be ripped apart.

I had an idea once, i was thinking about the big bang then i thought about what the other side of a black hole looks like. I bet the other side of a black hole is what we think was the big bang, A single point of infinite density and mass, smaller than an atom spewing out pure energy that eventually cools and clumps together forming another universe. Ive never heard any scientists on any documentary make this claim before.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

You can't be serious.

yes, i am very serious! do some careful analysis of some scientific theorys and you'll find they always try to explain away anomalys that dont support their beliefs.
the "big bang" will also be relegated to the scrap heap of primitive concepts soon.

try some illuminating reading. 1 such source is a lot of it is just plain common sense. for example, if its hotter on the surface of the sun than in the centre, why do they claim the suns heat comes from nuclear processes in the centre?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

Originally posted by BLKMJK

You can't be serious.

yes, i am very serious! do some careful analysis of some scientific theorys and you'll find they always try to explain away anomalys that dont support their beliefs.
the "big bang" will also be relegated to the scrap heap of primitive concepts soon.

try some illuminating reading. 1 such source is a lot of it is just plain common sense. for example, if its hotter on the surface of the sun than in the centre, why do they claim the suns heat comes from nuclear processes in the centre?

Meh...If it is good enough for Steven Hawking it's good enough for me. I am not arguing about such things being that I am not a theoretical physicist ( I know you can't believe I'm not but really...I am not.

I'll look at your source though, thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
dont know whether the mods deleted it or not or i accidentally did it myself or if its allowed but here goes.
thunderbolts.info

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

dude not hotter on the surface of the sun then in the center

en.wikipedia.org...

read that, but it also has that the surface is about 5800 kelvin and the center is about 13.1 million kelvin, also not to get off topic here black holes i believe are the most amazing thing in the entire universe
edit on 21-3-2011 by caf1550 because: fix

top topics

join