It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roshaniyya of Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As an Afghan I have stumbled upon the existence of the Roshaniyya of Afghanistan from this website. Now I've read somewhere that King Habibullah Khan was inducted into the Freemasons in Calcutta. Does anyone in ATS have any sort of additional information on the Roshaniyya because I feel like this is something that has recently surfaced within the past few years or so. I find it really interesting. I know the original movement was based on an enlightened Sufi philosophy by the actions of Pir Roshan. I know he was from the ethnic province of Logar in Afghanistan where he first started the philosophy of all human beings are born equal. My family from my fathers side is from the Logar province and he told me so many times that compared to the rest of all of the people in Afganistan, the people of Logar are the most liberal and have been like this throughout the ages. Could this may be due to Pir Roshan's time? Does anyone have any additional information about the Roshaniyya movement, it would be much appreciated

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

Perhaps this thread might be useful?
Other than that, I've only looked into the hashishin myself.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Seems very interesting thanks for the post!

join