It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trying to understand karma...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

with regards to my last post, a conclusion has just been reached.
profoundly absurd

Yes, karmic inheritance, true.

"Deserving?" This very concept evaporates into meaninglessness when contemplating karma in my mind... why has it spilled over into a seconds page of text of the topic???

think about it logically. nothing is deserved, and nobody is particularly deserving, all that happens is fractalised feeback within an ever increasing melting pot of variables sourced in our well spring of realisation represented wholly by the Torus. why to breathe life. it just is. look within be still.
karma is freedom

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I enjoyed every one of your thought provoking posts..

during my little brainstorm it seems i was endeared by your point of view... yes, it seems the design of the universe, creation, relies on a separation from divinity, hence God is all loving in all directions. The closer we are to this divinity however the longer our soul has lived?..?///?...??? sorry i digress lol ..the closer we are to divinity the less time we spend being reborn into samsara (world of ego / materialistic desire)

Ive changed my mind. Absurdly profound.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
To grasp the concept of Karma, you have to move out of dualistic thinking.
Good and evil do not exist in themselves. They are our subjective judgements.
We are spiritual beings having an experience in physicality; we are here to experience.
All things have a positive and negative (that does not mean good and bad! think of electricity if that helps... or two sides to every coin). In spiritual terms, they are One; opposites are one. Joy and sadness are two experiences of the same thing, as are pain and pleasure, birth and death; they are a movement, a process, a verb.

Just as a coin has two sides, but you can only look at one or the other at a time, even though you hold both in your hand.

So, using that analogy, if you pick up a coin, you have both heads and tails, and you being a soul here to learn and experience what you pick up, you shall look at one side of that coin, and eventually turn it over to see the other. Then you know the coin.
Here, once you have "picked up" a movement, or process, you experience one side of it, and will eventually experience the other side of it, in order to know it as a physical experience in it's entirety, or wholeness.

There is much misunderstanding in the western world about this concept because of the good -evil, moralistic thinking. It has nothing to do with punishment or reward, and the concept of a enlightened or older souls freeign itself from karma is a matter of having been through enough physical lives to have already learned, experienced, and known each side of every process- having already killed and been killed, been rich and poor, been joyful and sad, etc.

Once a souls has learned these experiences, it gets closer and closer to being able to live in a way which is more balanced, less dualistic, more moderate- the eye of the needle in which one takes paths neither of one extreme nor the other, but more as the spiritual reality, in which both are one.

Therefore, those with whom you have karma are neither your enemies, nor your punishers, nor debtors, they are your "soul friends" and you each are enabling each others experience in physicality.

The ultimate reality is that there is not actually a separation between I and Other, even that is an illusion created by the linear time and physical space of this plane of existance- so you cannot do anything to another that you yourself won't have done to you! because there is only One.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by SystemResistor
reply to post by PoorFool

Perhaps the opposite is the case, karma exists because of the illusion of free will. Perhaps what we call free-will is basically the ability to impinge upon the true free-will of others, provided that each party chooses to participate in the "game" as it were. Thus, in a non free-will world, we would all essentially be true individuals.
edit on 18-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

The goal of all types of yoga is Union with the Divine. Perhaps loss of awareness of our Creator is a type of karmic recompense. Does not our Creator want us to remember Him?

In a sense, I am trying to explain that "free will isnt free" - when we exist in a universe that is composed of our thoughts in entirety, then there is no one to "react" upon, we are free to do as we like in our own domain. However, if there are two individuals, then things will run smoothly as long as the interactions between individuals are all completley mutual, free-will being the ability to break away from being bound to act in ways that are mutual with all the other surrounding individuals, that is, actions that go against the preferences of the other, actions whose conception and planning are able to be hidden from the minds of other individuals. Usually, all individuals would be connected to each other in a perfectly synchronised fashion, and the collective acts as one balanced organism, "free will" is basically the ability to "go against the grain" - and therefore, actions arising out of free will that are not balanced both positivley and negativley will create a disharmony that manifests itself as undesirable conditions and circumstances for the individual/s concerned. The exact nature of karmic "justice" is complex, because the rules that define organisms who do not have "free will" are incredibly complex - if one were to observe the behavioural rules and constructs for the average animal, one would see that it is not really a case of right and wrong, but a complex genetic algorithm of interactions, that are based on achieving an energetic harmony with the surrounding environment - humans, having "free will" can choose actions that go against these natural programmings.
edit on 18-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Basically, due to imbalance, good and evil occurs.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join