It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Japanese Politician Worried about Nuclear Industry in 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

He also accused METI of covering up nuclear accidents, and obscuring the true costs and problems associated with the nuclear industry. He claimed MPs have a difficult time hearing the whole of the U.S. message on nuclear energy because METI picks and chooses those portions of the message that it likes. Only information in agreement with METI policies is passed through to the MPs. Elaborating on his frustrations with the ministries, Kono noted that the Diet committee staffs are made up of professional bureaucrats, and are often headed by detailees from the ministries. He said he had no authority to hire or fire committee staff, and that any inquiries he made to them quickly found their way back to the ministries.

Cablegate

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It seems Japanese House Representative Taro Kono, believed that METI covered up nuclear accidents. It makes you wonder if there is going to be any nuclear cover ups going on with the 3 explosions that recently resulted from the earthquake. It's a shame that the people in charge of such dangerous material could be so careless. The article also goes on to mention the high cost of recycling nuclear waste and the price that is inflected upon to customers due so.

He mentions that certain aspects of the nuclear energy facilities in Japan were outdated. No mention of a natural disaster though.

Japan needs the help of the world right now. The cable is worth a read, as it is fro the eyes of a Japanese politician.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Good find
with all of the action the last few days I have forgotten to do any wikileaks checks.
thank you for keeping us updated

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
It makes you wonder if there is going to be any nuclear cover ups going on with the 3 explosions that recently resulted from the earthquake.
I can see cover-ups when there's no release of radiation, but I don't see how they can cover up a release of radiation, there's too many people running around with Geiger counters.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I wasn't implying a cover up on radiation levels. I'm implying a cover up on the cause of multiple nuclear explosions. I'm not saying a conspiracy, but I am saying that it was possibly due to cutting corners on operations cost, similar to the Deepwater Horizon.

new topics

top topics

join