It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Of Tanks (W.O.T)- Who's in?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

i went to the link in the op....looked official to me??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Yeah that's the official site. There's been no reports on the forums or anything about a virus so it either came from somewhere else or it's a false positive.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Finally got my StuG III with a 10,5cm gun and a Panzer III medium tank for the variation

Now I feel like I am playing on somewhat equal terms. Too bad the servers will be nullified in like 3 days

Anyone knows what will happen then? Will this game stay for free or will we have to buy it?
I don't think I'll pay to play it. Then they have to give it a lot more to offer, like infantry, respawning, more players per match, etc...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

The official release is on April 12th. There will be a hard wipe, which means everybody's accounts will be reset. That means 0 experience, 0 credits, 0 gold. Everybody gets a fresh start. The game will remain free to play, but you will no longer get a free stream of gold every day. To get gold after release for premium time and things like converting experience or the premium shells, you'll have to pay for it.

They're planning to add quite a few things to the game over time. Soon after launch they'll be releasing Clan Wars, which means all the different clans will be fighting eachother over control of parts of Europe. They're also working on releasing the American tank destroyer line and the French tech tree. Other than that, they've hinted at things like considering infantry but there's been nothing official about it yet.

Oh, and you can see the upcoming American TDs here.

Edit: Oh, and proudly rocking the IS-4 right now, among many others

edit on 28-3-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Awesome!

2nd line: Awesome!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys but since the "free" version ended, I really lost the spark for this game.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I love the game, just got the 85mm for the KV-1S. The wallet warriors and matchmaking are problematic, but I can live with it. Really good for a "free" game, might even get premium to support the team.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have a KV Heavy, A-20 Light Tank, SU-5 SPG and a SU-85 Tank Destroyer.

Great game, worst matchmaking i've ever seen though...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've got almost every branch up to tier 5 except Soviet artillery and German artillery and tank destroyers. Got my T-54 about a week after release and am working on the American heavy line, almost have the T29 fully upgraded. I don't get much time to play anymore so I've kinda slowed down, otherwise I'd have a T30 by now too.

Originally posted by ZIVONIC
I love the game, just got the 85mm for the KV-1S. The wallet warriors and matchmaking are problematic, but I can live with it. Really good for a "free" game, might even get premium to support the team.

How are the so called "wallet warriors" problematic? You can't pay to get any kind of combat advantage over somebody who doesn't pay.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The problem is when I loose a skilled teammate in matchmaking, who worked his or her way up into a Tiger II, too some noob who went from loltraktor to lowetraktor in one day.

Surely, you can see this is a problem with the already broken matchmaker.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIVONIC

You're every bit as likely to get an unskilled teammate in any other tank as you are in a Lowe. There's no skill requirement for a Tiger II over a Lowe. All somebody has to do is spend a lot of time playing instead of paying for the Lowe and just because they spent time playing doesn't necessarily mean they're any good. Many of the people using Lowes are just like me, experienced players from the beta who know the game inside and out.

It's all about perception. There's actually not that many terrible Lowe players but you notice the bad ones more because they're much more memorable than an average player.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Understandable, but if I had a choice, I still would go with someone who actually put the time in to earn the tank.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
I've got almost every branch up to tier 5 except Soviet artillery and German artillery and tank destroyers. Got my T-54 about a week after release and am working on the American heavy line, almost have the T29 fully upgraded. I don't get much time to play anymore so I've kinda slowed down, otherwise I'd have a T30 by now too.

Originally posted by ZIVONIC

How are the so called "wallet warriors" problematic? You can't pay to get any kind of combat advantage over somebody who doesn't pay.

Cut the crap and use your head...

Premium shells, boost in experience and credits which can be used to rape the equipment and attachment stores... Those who arn't cash whores rarely buy any accessories other than the modules etc...

Cash whores clearly have an advantage.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

I'll admit that premium shells can indeed give a slight advantage but they're not an automatic win either and they're not used by very many people. Faster XP and credits give no combat advantage. A free player has no restrictions on how far up the tech trees he can research or what equipment he can use, he's just required to put more time into it.

Besides that, if it weren't for us "wallet warriors" then World of Tanks wouldn't exist.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
reply to post by aRogue

I'll admit that premium shells can indeed give a slight advantage but they're not an automatic win either and they're not used by very many people. Faster XP and credits give no combat advantage. A free player has no restrictions on how far up the tech trees he can research or what equipment he can use, he's just required to put more time into it.

Besides that, if it weren't for us "wallet warriors" then World of Tanks wouldn't exist.

I have no problem with premium users, which I assume you are. Buying the $30 high tier tanks instead of actually earning them through battles and building your personal skill is not very respectable. Gold ammo and consumables are also laughable. After all, shooting dimes at people to grow your e-peen is really absurd.

If you choose to use these pay-for-use powerups, so be it, just understand, you will garnish any respect from your fellow tankers.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIVONIC

I myself don't use gold ammo or consumables as I see them as a waste of money. I do however pay for premium and am the proud owner of a Lowe. I never really got the time to try out the German heavy line during the beta as I was busy with the Soviet and American trees so it gave me a way to try it out before grinding out the tree. Money is much more plentiful than time for me right now. There's no way I would have spent that money on a tank if I didn't know what I was doing though.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I never played the beta, but I understand buying a tank you have already earned. That's not what I have a problem with. I myself have thought about buying the KV-5 to skip the Tier 4 BS with the matchmaking, but I prefer to earn tanks the hard way.

I've seen a lot of bad KV-5 and Lowe players, I'm sure you've seen your fair share. People use it as a easy money maker, they lack even a basic understanding of spotting, stealth, and maneuvering because they haven't gone through any of the essential low tier grinds. Heavies have to coordinate and are an essential tool for the team, they are the backbone of the assault, especially in later tiers where you can loose money on a game if your team fails. To have inexperienced players driving them is a major handicap for the team.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
yo yo yo,

I'd never even thought of searching on here for WoT. So rarely even check the games forum on here. Let me get to te point. I love this game!!! Seriously, it seems like a crazy idea for a game, but it's so well done.

Having played a lot of games on and offline for the last 10years, i've experienced my fair share of lag rage, broken a few controllers etc, but never once have i lost the rag with this game. I find it so relaxing; like slowly trundling throught the countryside ona big steel couch.

I go by Thundersmurf in WoT too, mostly kicking in my SU-85 or StugIII. Love the TD's

Peace, drive safe and ave fun

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I actually signed up a long time ago but somehow totally forgot and didn't download the client. Any tips for a newb?

I'm Demilichking on the American server.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join