It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betelgeuse Supernova?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I was watching a program called 'The Wonders Of The Universe' a couple of nights ago and the presenter said something that i was thinking about the other day. Basically i think this star is in Supernova, it is always blinkin/flashing/whatever you call it. He said that this is in some stage of the Supernova and it could explode anytime from now to a million years from now - so basically know one knows. He also said that when this star does Supernova it will be like having a 3rd moon because it will be that bright. I personally would love this to happen as i find nothing more intersting than outer space.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by garland1234

this star is otherwise known as beetlejuice. forgot to say beforehand!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Yeah this was quite some news back in January. There were many rumours about Earth having a second sun from the Betelgeuse supernova. Although NASA later mentioned that there was not going to be a supernova of any kind.

On the other hand, it would still be awesome to witness a bright supernova first hand
I guess you never know when its going to happen. But in the case of Betelgeuse, because of its pulsing behaviour, supernova shouldn't be far away.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Third moon?

Where are you from?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by garland1234
I was watching a program called 'The Wonders Of The Universe' a couple of nights ago and the presenter said something that i was thinking about the other day. Basically i think this star is in Supernova, it is always blinkin/flashing/whatever you call it. He said that this is in some stage of the Supernova and it could explode anytime from now to a million years from now - so basically know one knows. He also said that when this star does Supernova it will be like having a 3rd moon because it will be that bright. I personally would love this to happen as i find nothing more intersting than outer space.

The thing that get's me is, it could of already exploded and we wouldn't know. Because when we look at stars we are looking at what they where not what they are(time it takes for the light to travel here)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I dunno, 2nd moon or sun?
24 hour daylight although would be good for tourist traps, it would make for rough sleep cycles.
Plus that graveyard workers may lose their differential pay.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

haha, that's typical of me too say that. thanks for spotting it matey

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
2nd sun.. At least try and get all the facts right when you make a post..
You leave yourself open to ridicule on here for that..

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

do you think i care? it was a mistake and it was obvious what i meant so go and world at warcraft you complete gimp.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Hi. If you found anything new in regards to this toppic add it here :www.abovetopsecret.com...
Or can be added to the 2009 thread.
Regards robbo.

top topics

join