It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Disaster - Interactive Before/After Photos (shocking)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i found this via facebook courtesy of my cousin

www.nytimes.com...

move the sliders on the center of the photos compare before and after.

i dont know about anyone else, but to me the reactor looks like Chernobyl to me...

if this is a repost please delete
edit on 14-3-2011 by dirtycrickrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wow.... S&F.

Second.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I saw these photos today, they have been edited for dramatic effect. The colors have been augmented to darker hues. Look at the green areas of the trees and grass in the before and the browns of the same grass and trees in the after. The trees are still there, it's not dirt patches you are looking at. It is impossible for the trees to die and turn brown in the few hours since the earthquake. I don't know why the photos were edited and I would not presume to guess, but for whatever reason they have been changed.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey Sly

i thought the green parts on some of the pics did look odd. not sure about them being altered or not. im no photo analyst expert.

either way. the nuke plant looks alot worse than what the msm is making it to be.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtycrickrat

Yes, the damage to Japan is horrific and there is untold amounts of destruction to every aspect of human construction and so many lives lost. It is truly tragic, and the photos of that destruction are real. Why they felt the need to change the colors to emphasize that I do not know, the reality of the situation is painfully more than enough.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtycrickrat

the hue is different in before and after so it looks much worse in the after. why anyone would want to do that i dont know. but you can still see whats been damaged if you ignore the colour

nice find OP

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
attention to moderators.
can you please move this thread to the new Japan forum.

new topics

top topics

join