It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official toll nearly 5% of what they say it is...Why are they holding back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just heard on DW-TV out of Berlin that the death toll officially is around 2,400. Then they said that the Unofficial toll is much near 40,000. Now here is my question and comment. Why are they holding back?

If they are holding back on numbers, then think about this. Japan has said they have evacuated 170,000 people for the nuclear power plant problems. Is that a 5% as comparable to the real thing, like the death toll too? Could they be holding back on information about how "under control" reactors are? I'm just getting one of these iffy feelings.

You know damn well that our government knows the answer and probably have live real time feeds on the situation. Just like the Oil in the gulf they know nearly exactly how much oil was leaving the pipe yet their were so many different amounts. Its like why not let us know. If it is a problem we should know, if it isn't a problem we should know. I am damn sick of being ousted by my own government and I even work in Emergency Management.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I also know that some will say its early and the death toll will rise.....but some police and other agencies have reported 10,000 people missing. And that 2,000 people have been found washed on a beach...
edit on 14-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: because

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
We all saw the mess the waves made.
There have to be many tens of thousands of lives lost.

Apparently the 3rd reactor (No. 2) has just popped as well!!! Let us pray for Japan.

People here in Europe are saying that if the radioactive cloud hits the States, then is only the Karmic return for August 1945, although I personally hope that this doesn't happen.

\What a mess. Watch the Sun and the Moon everyone, there could be more to come in the next 10 days!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
They may well be evacuating a lot more people. This latest explosion 9pm ( UK time ) will be getting a lot of people in a right old Flap.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

They can't list them as dead when they haven't been found yet. They are missing until found alive or dead or presumed dead.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Of course I am no fan of msm but...
I believe the difference here is confirmed dead that they can put an identity to. It's already pushed to a count of 3800 from the bodies that washed up but they dont get added till the bodies get counted and named ...prob a lot of john and jane does but I believe something like that would be correct procedure.

Now saying that upwards of 20000 feared dead with that number likely to rise is prob a more accurate way of putting it

silly edit :Woot 42nd post Time to roll a pair of 6 sided dice in memory of douglas adams
edit on 14-3-2011 by shockologist because: 42nd post

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I understand, i work for emergency management agency. Trust me japan is being very conservative in the official. Very may even be considered an understatement. They have found well over 2,400 bodies. This was official toll as of about 30 minutes ago

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Ah ok, fair enough. Maybe they are embarrassed? Or in shock.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I think they are trying to downplay the seriousness of the reactor. There is a bad stigma to whoever screws up with radiation.

It could also be that the real concern in emergency management over there is the reactor and they just are not really counting the bodies because they are more concerned with evacuations
edit on 14-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: pressed it early

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Often, the official death toll is the actual amount of accountable bodies, the number that has been actually recovered.
The unofficial death toll is normally the estimated amount, the number of people that are missing or suspected to be dead.
For the sake of everyone, I would prefer to stay with the officail death toll.

Nevermind, I see that someone has alrady explained it.
edit on 14-3-2011 by lance_covel because: missed earlier responces.

top topics

join