It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Japan Earthquake Upgraded to 9.0-Magnitude

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Deadly Japan Earthquake Upgraded to 9.0-Magnitude

www.livescience.com

The deadly earthquake that struck Japan last week has been upgraded from an 8.9 to a 9.0-magnitude, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) announced today (March 14).

This magnitude places the earthquake as the fourth largest in the world since 1900 and the largest in Japan since modern instrumental recordings began 130 years ago, according to the USGS.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It's pretty strange how the story keeps changing. The initial assessment was an 8.8, I've heard reports as high as 9.1.

Regardless, this upgrade puts the Japan quake in the top 3 earthquakes in recorded history.

I don't think it's over yet, as the article states:
More than 150 aftershocks of magnitude 5 or greater have followed the massive quake, including more than two dozen of magnitude 6 or greater, and one aftershock of magnitude 7.1....to date.

www.livescience.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
haha...this is to prove the quake caused the explosions...i still think it was sabotage.
they probably ran simulations to see what was needed for the explosion to be put to the quake...i still think it was sabotage

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I predict that "the big one" is CA will go to 9.5 and will occur in October 2011...
I know that the earthquake and tsunami in Japan (that may have been caused by a whirlpool weapon of some sort) was provoked because the Japanese gov. refused to comply with the banksters cartel (so called elites)
Our world is in a transition phase and any change of civilization requires great shocks and destruction...
Just my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Initial reports had it at 7.9 for at least the first 45 minutes or so(maybe longer, i had to get some sleep). Kinda strange because the couple of good quakes I have been thru both were decreased in magnitude after further review.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

More than 150 aftershocks of magnitude 5 or greater have followed the massive quake, including more than two dozen of magnitude 6 or greater, and one aftershock of magnitude 7.1

Wow, those aftershocks are still as devastating as a regular earthquake! I can't imagine how scared people are if they're still in the area of the earthquake. Just think about all the people who may still be alive under collapsed buildings and these aftershocks are still moving all the debris around them. The psychological affects of this earthquake will be devastating on those people, especially the children.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That's a big one. One of the biggest. The good news is that Japan probably doesn't need to worry about having another big one like this for at least a century.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

That's a big one. One of the biggest. The good news is that Japan probably doesn't need to worry about having another big one like this for at least a century.

or....this time next year....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
check out global incident map there is one specifically for earthquakes. japan has been receiving 4.5 magnitude or above since at least march 10th. they seem to be having these and bigger almost every hour
a friend of mine has been keeping an eye on this site since feb and has noticed in increase in the daily average of 4.0 magnitudes and above all over.

top topics

join