It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Levels soaring in the Bay Area!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.radiationnetwork.com...

Has anyone else been keeping a eye on this?
March 13 during the morning when I checked, it was 17. Then later that evening I looked at it again it was 25!
Today, March 14 its at 39!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That 39 looks a lot like 16 to me. Am I missing something? It's 37 in North Carolina.
edit on 14-3-2011 by janon because: oops

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i just looked an it said 16.

normal background rads can go to like 60 i think ???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The levels are still low that it will not cause harm as of now..

This is a great find, keep and eye out on the levels because
at anytime the levels could sky rockets and your hair will be falling out..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oh, geez. This looks ominous. I rather had a feeling there was something They weren't telling us, but I think this is a smoking gun.

Blessing to all who are affected.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Looks like normal fluctuations to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
img42.imageshack.us...

Strange I'm just checking it again right now and it shows 22
Is it normal to change frequently like that?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Looks like normal fluctuations to me.

Yep. Even the page the OP refers to say so. They need to do a better homework

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: post was removed, so the response is now moot

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
everything seems pretty normal on that map...

the title is pure fear mongering and misleading.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Read below the map!

Depending on your location within the US, your elevation or altitude, and your model of Geiger counter, this background radiation level might average anywhere from 5 to 60 CPM, and while background radiation levels are random, it would be unusual for those levels to exceed 130 CPM. Thus, the "Alert Level" for the National Radiation Map is 130 CPM, so if you see any Monitoring Stations with CPM value above 130, further indicated by an Alert symbol over those stations, it probably means that some radioactive source above and beyond background radiation is responsible.

In any case thanks for the link to this site.

Peace,

AS
edit on 14-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I think this is a smoking gun.

A smoking gun proving that most posters here star and flag but fail to even read the thread past the opening post? I agree.

IF one of the reactors goes into meltdown AND the trade winds stay current, AND there's an explosion to blast radioactive dust into the air, it would take 7-10 days to reach north america and would have dispersed to the point of background radiation by then.

It's one thing to be concerned and prepared, it's another to think the sky is falling.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Who is doing this radiological monitoring? Not anyone can give accurate data with just a gieger counter and no training.
edit on 14-3-2011 by earthdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think it's all hype because we nuked Japan twice and didn't kill off the west coast also Chernobyl didn't wipe out the northern hemisphere. I live in beautiful Southern Oregon and I plan on staying here.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Maybe we should flag it to bring it to the forefront for everyone to see there is nothing right now to worry about

Deny Ignorance FAIL ... sorry guys.

AS
edit on 14-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Been watching the same site for the last 3 days. Cali has been in the low 20s the whole time.
Washington state jumped from yesterday, but again, as stated above, the numbers are well within range.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I demounce Comrade Gixxer for rude, provocations of fellow party members. I denounce you as a "wrecker" and an enemy of the state! Who are you calling a "fear monger" and "idiot"? Do YOU know the difference between "Rads, Grays"? Can you read a geiger counter? No! I didn't think so! Well, neither can I! It's all freakin confusing! Think you can trust the government? Of course you can! Now move along and get on the train with the rest of the Kulaks bound for the nearest Camp FEMA Gulag! Long live Comrade Obama! Long live the Homeland! Seig Heil BEOTCHES!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Amaterasu

I think this is a smoking gun.

A smoking gun proving that most posters here star and flag but fail to even read the thread past the opening post? I agree.

IF one of the reactors goes into meltdown AND the trade winds stay current, AND there's an explosion to blast radioactive dust into the air, it would take 7-10 days to reach north america and would have dispersed to the point of background radiation by then.

It's one thing to be concerned and prepared, it's another to think the sky is falling.

Well, after further review of the site, I agree things are not yet looking dire. But I am unsure about the "dispersed to the point of background radiation by then" comment. If the jetstream is strong enough it will contain a great deal of the radiation intact. We will see.

OP, thanks for that link if not for the dire statements. I'll be watching.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
I think it's all hype because we nuked Japan twice and didn't kill off the west coast also Chernobyl didn't wipe out the northern hemisphere. I live in beautiful Southern Oregon and I plan on staying here.

You do realize that the nukes we used were teeny-tiny compared to what those reactors contain...? And I have no doubt that many got skin and lung cancers later in life because of the fallout from those blasts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join