It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anyone Going EAST?? (from pafic northwest)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
To the Op do what you want But, IMHO I wouldnt sweat it. The rods are contained in bomb proof steal pressure vessels in Concrete combined that far exceed the melt point and blast point of the rods so if a melt down dose occur it will be contained unlike Chernobyl that had no containment vessels and was cooled by carbon instead of water.

To add if for some reason or another it did go heading east will not solve it with the jet stream this time of year one day in the 70's the next in the 40's.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Friend,
I don't judge anyone on the decisions they make.
Some of us feel it is a rational decision to go east from here.
If you don't have anything useful to contribute here please take your judgment somewhere else.
I wish you all the best up there in Alaska!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I live in Northern California. Is there something I should be worried about? Is there something i missed? Should I pack you and take the girlfriend back to TX temporarly?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
To the Op do what you want But, IMHO I wouldnt sweat it. The rods are contained in bomb proof steal pressure vessels in Concrete combined that far exceed the melt point and blast point of the rods so if a melt down dose occur it will be contained unlike Chernobyl that had no containment vessels and was cooled by carbon instead of water.

To add if for some reason or another it did go heading east will not solve it with the jet stream this time of year one day in the 70's the next in the 40's.

Thanks for the input and I do very much like your optimistic outlook, however I have been reading about this and researching straight for the past 3 days.

I do not want this thread to turn into another discussion about whether it's possible for radiation to get here, because at this point I believe none of us really know the answer to that.

I have made a decision for myself, and that's all I'm trying to do.
If anyone else has made the same decision I'm here and ready!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have family in Scottsdale AZ. Is that south enough to be safe, or do I need to tell them to prepared to get out of there on short notice?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
I live in Northern California. Is there something I should be worried about? Is there something i missed? Should I pack you and take the girlfriend back to TX temporarly?

Some of us are worried about a possibility of radiation from the disaster in Japan coming this way to the west coast.
Personally I can't tell you if you should be worried or not, but I would at least search around a bit for some answers as to whats going on.
All the best wishes to you and your girlfriend.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by koots751

Good luck and keep an eye on the jet stream is all I can add and the Georgia boarder is all ways open

edit on 14-3-2011 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum
I have family in Scottsdale AZ. Is that south enough to be safe, or do I need to tell them to prepared to get out of there on short notice?

So hard to say at this point. Hopefully nothing reaches the west coast at all!
But It's worth tell them to keep an eye on the situation, and expect it to be possibly worse than what the media reports (which is constantly getting worse as well).

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It's not fear or being afraid its called being prepared. do you not stock wood for the winter, do you not cover your plants when a freeze is coming. I for one will be ready just in case, will you?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Bump Bump
Sounds as though you have only yourself to take care of. Do you realise how lucky you are? For God sakes go !
You should be on the go anyway. Be careful of folks along the way. The plane will hopefully be the safest thing you can do. Without guarntees of anything. I wouldn't mind being in your shoes. I'm here though, in So Calif. All that I love is here. If it's death that is coming this way. Then I will die trying to save the ones I love. To try and hillbilly everyone out of here.That would be insanity and there isn't much honor in that either.

So I will stay here. Never have I ran from a fight anyway. Nor did I win everytime. Good luck to you.

Randyvious

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Bump Bump
Sounds as though you have only yourself to take care of. Do you realise how lucky you are? For God sakes go !
You should be on the go anyway. Be careful of folks along the way. The plane will hopefully be the safest thing you can do. Without guarntees of anything. I wouldn't mind being in your shoes. I'm here though, in So Calif. All that I love is here. If it's death that is coming this way. Then I will die trying to save the ones I love. To try and hillbilly everyone out of here.That would be insanity and there isn't much honor in that either.

So I will stay here. Never have I ran from a fight anyway. Nor did I win everytime. Good luck to you.

Randyvious

Yeah I am pretty thankful I only have myself to take care of right now. All my family is already back east.
However I get there I'm not too worried. I have hitch-hiked lots, gotten rideshares, taken planes. I'm giving it till tomorrow morning and then I'm booking a flight.
I'll be wishing everyone up and down the west coast the best! I have many friends in different states and provinces on the coast.
Godspeed friend!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm prepared to stay with all supplies I need to ride out a dirty bomb scenario and I'm also ready to leave. I have a cousin in TN who we will travel to see until it blows over.

I just filled up at Costco today. I filled up containers of water an hour ago. Waiting to hear how bad it's going to be before I pack up and leave.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Thank you. I shall do some research. I'll share my conclusions.

So far though, nothing is mentioned about California, just WA and BC.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0

Thank you. I shall do some research. I'll share my conclusions.

So far though, nothing is mentioned about California, just WA and BC.

Not much on the news, although they are all pretty much right in the jetstream path. Here are some links to keep an eye on.

www.stormsurfing.com...

squall.sfsu.edu...

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Number 2 reactor just blew!!
Any more takers yet??

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

Originally posted by koots751
Hello ATS,

In light of whats happening (and what could happen) in Japan,
I am dropping everything, packing my bags and going east.
I do not have a vehicle and if I do not find a ride within 1 more day I am hopping on a plane, although I would much rather drive across.

if ANYONE out there is thinking the same, please let me know and maybe we can collaborate in gas money and efforts to get out east. I am currently in southern BC, and I am from Vermont, so that would be my final destination.

Hope to hear some responses!

Hey, I just checked out rideshare on craigslist and found this for you

vancouver.en.craigslist.ca...

They are going to the east coast and looking for someone to share gas.

There are probably more similar posts around craigslist from t;he british columbia area if you just look a little, here is a link to look for others.

vancouver.en.craigslist.ca...

Best wishes.

Heh, Don't be surprised when your 'pilot' askes you to jerk off for him once you're outside of the city!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sorry my Friend, No AZ will not be far enough. Go past TX. Look a the jet stream to see where it blows.

squall.sfsu.edu...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm from Southern BC too and I'm starting to consider whether or not I should start packing an emergency bag.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
FYI:

Current Jet Stream Map Link FYI
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Direct link:
squall.sfsu.edu...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This would definitely be something to try if I weren't weighed down by my huge immediate family. I admit that I am not prepared for any such scenario, except for the stockpiling of resources. I've been asking for a high-quality gas mask with filter replacements for several Christmases already and nobody's taken me seriously. :<
The Potassium Iodide pill thing, however, my mom's looked into for other health reasons.
I was discussing this with my only friend who lurks here and I wondered whether it is possible to develop a tolerance for radioactivity.
If there is, then maybe I'd chance sitting around.
But if my neighbors are moving out unexpectedly, I am following suit!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join