It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cooling system fails in another reactor at Japanese nuclear plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Umm GODZILLA Anyone?

www.cnn.com

Tokyo (CNN) -- Another reactor at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant lost its cooling capabilities Monday, a government official said.
The problem was detected in the plant's No. 2 reactor Monday afternoon after an explosion rocked the building containing the plant's No. 3 reactor, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told reporters.
"We think that the hydrogen explosion in (the building housing) reactor No. 3 caused the cooling system of reactor No. 2 to stop working," Edano said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: Please review posting rules for Breaking Alternative News. Thread must be titled exactly as source article.
edit on 3/14/11 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Not trying to take any pain, or add any humor to Japan's tragic earthquake, tsunami, volcano's, or nuclear fallout.. it is a tragic event, and the world is behind JAPAN. thoughts and prayers..

Let's see we have radiation, and nuclear fallout, is anyone thinking about GODZILLA? LOL

I can see it now, some leakage occurs into the ocean, and some reptiles eat the ooze.. some turn in to teenage mutant ninja turtles.. but the worst is when one turns into a GIANT GODZILLA.. and then the Japanese will say, "SEE I TOLD YOU THE STORIES WERE TRUE!!!!!!!"

Just a little humour to lighten the situation.. but this is a plausible occurance..

what do you think may happen from a huge nuclear fallout? will the US be affected? I heard US ships in the pacific detected radiation out at about 100 miles off the coast of japan

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Haha I was thinking about that last night, I bet they would give up all hope. But in all seriousness, we needed a little light humor.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wow. You really have watched too much TV. That this is even a thread is shameful. Mutant Ninja Turtles? Godzilla? Really. ATS clearly needs to open a daycare.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

Just a little humour to lighten the situation.. but this is a plausible occurance..

I didn't find this humorous and it's complete implausible. We need to keep level heads about this, but making lame jokes while this disaster is still unfolding is of questionable taste.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Umm I was saying that nuclear fallout is plausible.. not that ninja turtles will appear.. Are any of the US/north american nuclear reactors located in the vicinity of any fault lines?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
As an American child in the 1950s-60s, I watched the original Godzilla movie on Saturday tv, letting myself become filled with terror at the idea of a monster like this on the loose, so easily destroying humans, cars, and buildings. For me, it was fun to be scared.

But Godzilla meant something quite different to Japanese moviegoers. The original Godzilla movie was meant to enter the Japanese psyche as anti-nuclear, anti-war symbols. Godzilla was defeated, maybe not destroyed, with the warning to be careful, lest the monster return. Whereas I shivered with childish fear, some moviegoers in Japan wept, no doubt the recent war and its nuclear ending, and Pacific nuclear activities, going beyond fear to profound horror and sadness.

So when I realized what had just happened in Japan, I did think of Godzilla, no longer in the childlike way, but with similar profound horror and sadness. The nuclear monster had once again returned, but this time to shores already devastated by earthquake and tsunami. One could be fatalistic about the last two disasters, but only anger could arise at the one created by fellow human beings.

Here is a good read.

new topics

top topics

join