It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan, the US, the UK. No-one is coming to help..or not enough to do much good

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I know there is at least one baseball stadium North of Tokyo full of pallets of things that have been donated for the survivors of the quake/tsunami and from being evacuated due to radioactive contamination.

The PM won't give the order to deliver any of it because 'the people haven't asked for it.' (Yeah! I know ... I know ... I'm just saying what the PM said).

The local government in the disaster area is invisible. None of the local politicians or beaurocrats have given any instructions for aid to be delivered. So no delivery drivers have been told to deliver anything to the needy people (There's no one with the authority to tell them).

At the start some items were getting through. But as they organised a system to help people it has stalled to a halt - tripped-up by 'red-tape' for want of a more suitable explanation. - Like the big quake in Kobe some twenty years ago, the donated stuff got 'vanished' and the cash for the victims is still sitting untouched in some org's bank account - gaining interest! Not a yen was paid to anyone that time and it'll be the same thing this time.

I expect the con-artists are hard at work selling radiation insurance to victims. Insurers say they needn't pay. Loan sharks just want their money and they especially want it from the victims of the tsunami and the quake because the chances are that many of them still have some funds left. Bank accouts of dead or missing people are doubtless being discovered and 'relatives' and 'heirs' are coming forward to claim them.

My friend is a nurse in Tokyo. She had to do a week's stint in Tohoku - where the worst damage happened. I spoke with her a long tme and I wanted to know what the situation was like. She was totally clueless on the state of radiation in the environment, the air and the water.

She said there was a virus going around which works by making the sufferer vomit all the time with diarrhoea. I asked her if it was radiation sickness (because the symptoms seem the same) - but I said it in a light-hearted way because I knew she was told it was a virus. She replied that it wasn't radiation sickness - but went on to say she didn't know the effects of radiation sickness. No radiation testing equipment for the staff.

My friend (the nurse) said she has a sore throat and feels nauseous and lethargic. I bite my tongue when she speaks because she tends to laugh and insists everything is fine. I do not think anyone who relies on the usual regular news sources have much of an idea how bad this situation is.

My Tokyo nurse-friend said she's really busy and she'll try to get to me next month. I said 'sure - great - it'll be nice to see you again.' But I have serious doubts about seeing her. The 'situation' is becoming explosive!

... Even me! I put the visor down firmly when I ride nowadays and I don't want to be caught in the rain.

* Back to edit: The nurse said the illnes causing the runs and vomiting was resistant to ethanol. I thought this was strange. I thought alcohol kills all viri. Maybe she meant that it wasn't as effective as something else? - Or maybe because radiation sickness doesn't respond to ethanol she has been told that this virus doesn't.

edit on 8-4-2011 by richaado because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by richaado because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

No offense ma'm, and certainly not meant to be self righteous at all. Apologies if it came off that way. Ive volunteered my time and training for helping people in times of need. We all should...thats all. And its the simple things in those times folks will not be prepared to do without.

Look at Japan. They were prepared for it...and in the end? It didnt matter. There are many survival articles one can download and read and see how little prepared we all are. Peace to you! MS

<< 1   >>

join