It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Radiation Map Site for favorites.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
www.radiationnetwork.com...

The link above provides at 3 minutes refresh, data showing radiation levels in the US.
I thought this would come in handy in the favorites section on those who are concerned computers.

I thought with all of the talk about possible radiation coming with the jet stream this would be better to refer to than rumor, hype or fear.

edit on 13-3-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing. I will save this and add it to my collection.

Also want to contribute for those who may have never seen before: hisz.rsoe.hu...

Be well everyone.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thanks Man, this is great....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
had this side in my favorites since yesterday morning!!
hehe..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hi there.

I thought of watching if there was something similar to that in Canada. So I wrote "radiation map of canada" on Yahoo and it led me to Natural Resources of Canada, and there is this map of a compilation from 1969 to 2000 and in New-Brunswick, levels were already at 110 in some parts ( If I read the map correctly... )...

I see no reason why it might have changed "positively" since then, and the US must be at the same levels for the East Coast, since we could see on the OP map that the East Coast had higher reported levels than Central and the West...

I would like to give a direct link to the image, but it doesn't work...

Maybe if someone would follow the same route I did could confirm the levels reported in the map?

Because if things are as on the map, it wouldn't take much to become really dangerous... No?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Is there a radiation monitoring station for Hawaii? It might give us a heads up for what to expect here on the westcoast. Since yesterday the charts are showing normal radiation levels for San Fransisco. Hope thats a sign of tranquility to come.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This map does not include nuclear production facilities however.
The fuel rods for our nuclear submarines are made about 10 miles from my house.
Still a handy map though

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
Hi there.

I thought of watching if there was something similar to that in Canada. So I wrote "radiation map of canada" on Yahoo and it led me to Natural Resources of Canada, and there is this map of a compilation from 1969 to 2000 and in New-Brunswick, levels were already at 110 in some parts ( If I read the map correctly... )...

I see no reason why it might have changed "positively" since then, and the US must be at the same levels for the East Coast, since we could see on the OP map that the East Coast had higher reported levels than Central and the West...

I would like to give a direct link to the image, but it doesn't work...

Maybe if someone would follow the same route I did could confirm the levels reported in the map?

Because if things are as on the map, it wouldn't take much to become really dangerous... No?

Thanks.

Ok here is a link to canada monitor
www.hc-sc.gc.ca...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I think it shows a pretty accurate 'area' of monitoring though, it may not show facilities, but it does show area of sample. I've been looking for 3rd party data collection rather than government, I believe it may show a better report.

You've found, or have any sites to refer to?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

The link above provides at 3 minutes refresh, data showing radiation levels in the US.
I thought this would come in handy in the favorites section on those who are concerned computers.

I thought with all of the talk about possible radiation coming with the jet stream this would be better to refer to than rumor, hype or fear.

edit on 13-3-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

For some reason, the link has been 404'd. I tried searching but cannot locate another source. Does anyone else know of a place for updated info?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nchant

I checked it at 7am this morning and it was showing a rise in Washington State and in Colorado, I also checked the jetstream and I 'thought' it was pretty much making sense.
Last number I saw were 80 in Colorado and 41 in Washington State.
127 triggers alert status.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
levels within normal

edit on 15-3-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: found back door will keep updated

edit on 15-3-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

try this one.

www.stormsurf.com...

and this one shows active wind surf and jet stream in motion.
edit on 15-3-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter

I think it shows a pretty accurate 'area' of monitoring though, it may not show facilities, but it does show area of sample. I've been looking for 3rd party data collection rather than government, I believe it may show a better report.

You've found, or have any sites to refer to?

Sorry, but no. I just know that Arriva which used to be called BMX is located here in Lynchburg, Va. They produce fuel rods and I've heard warheads as well.
I figure in the event of a nuclear warhead exchange there's no point in running.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I'll keep looking as well but I'm pretty satisfied with the 2 I've been using, I like the independent data collection sites and how it refreshes every 3 minutes,
The readings have risen and fallen but have stayed within safety margins.
If they rise and stay up there for a sustained period and then move across the states I think we'll know we've got a problem, that's why I've been referring to it and the surf/wind map as well.
Let me know if you find anything else that can be posted, I found a few that are government but if you post the data, it's illegal, (go figure).

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I've been keeping track since I posted this and there are always gradual variances up and down, I'm sure this is normal behavior, but
There has been no sustained rise in readings, and I dont think it's sneaking in between washington/san fran and phoenix, I'm sure it would be larger and easily detectable.
So that's good, correct?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Base rates up slightly at sustained levels.
When I started this days ago the west coast averaged High Teens into the 20's with peaks into the 30's.
What I'm seeing now is averages in the 20's and 30's and peaks in the 40's and mid 50's.
That to me indicates an elevated base rate.
Best to keep an eye glued to this.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
62 in Norway 3/25/2011
That's a wee bit high.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a bump to put it back into rotation and get it back on my subscribed, I have no idea why it pulled off.
Anyway the network got alot more contributors, and the levels are still very safe.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The network has really expanded and the levels still look good.
This started with 3 monitor stations.
Bump for reintro.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join