It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAW, Bahrain, state police being forced back by anti-government protesters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

since i am a libra i will balance out this fighting argument..here it goes

If I were a betting man. I will always wager on the fighter who is leaner and meaner. But that being said I have seen some people do some crazy stuff when adrenaline kicks in. Doesn't matter what shape your in. I use to have this old retriever golden lab chow crazy mix dog that lived in the country for about 18 years. Was the laziest dog you ever did see laid around all day fat (wouldnt even stand to eat just lay head in bowl) couldnt run for crap in the later years. But when wild dogs and such would come through the property she was up to defend it with the vigour of youth always won and always was covered in blood not hers. Up until she died of old age was still fighting and winning couldnt smell good or hear had really bad cataracts. But man she was vicious when she needed to be. Oh and had a bark that would give you chills so deep. My point being it was all adrenaline that lead her.

I will take trained versus untrained any day of the week, sure there are exceptions but the balance will fall to the trained atleast 7 of 10 times (probably higher).

Me personally I am not running/marching toward anything. If I do move on a position it is cool calm and methodical, always in the shadow until the moment I need not be then right back to it. But then I am trained so....

In tptb versus the joes battle..I think we should welcome any that fight, for everyone can have a niche that they can do. And knowbody can say for certainty what another is capable of when death comes knocking.

In closing i agree with you both

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

230 lbs is usually not considered skinny btw.

oh and for me personally, ive won 2 toughman competitions (one agianst a 6'6" "black belt") in the unrestricted weight class. went to high school in hawaii fighting huge islanders who didn't like haoles, after spending four years as one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children, i was a boarding officer in the USCG taking down mammoth russians off dutch harbor. im 6'3' 245 so, sorry no digital tough guy here. I also took down 3 guys who were attempting to rape a girl in a parking lot, got metal in my face from that one but still prevailed.

martial artists learn to fight, when I went through indoc (IMEF 1st rec bn) we learned l.i.n.e. and cqc.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join