It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are current politics - Democrats vs. Republicans - Helping or Hurting the United States?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I believe people are on a time line in which they will realize that the two main political parties in the United States are BOTH owned by The Power That Be (Corporation).

I don't see how Americans can go on any further believing this lie. The ultra rich have turned America's workers against each other with this political system. We have this stuck in our mind that there is a right and wrong.

Both parties are wrong. The political system in the United States was designed to seperate. We need to rise together to overthrow the current Government. The Corporations that control this country don't give a siht about you.

‎"They [political parties] serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation, the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community" -George Washington

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My 2 cents is that the answer is "Yes they are hurting" for a couple of reasons.

1. Both sides have largely built a platform of being against the other side. What one side proposes the other side automatically rejects outright. Leaving no room for compromise or negotiation. Only when one side is fully in power do things happen and they are often so lop-sided they are horrible.

2. As the Who says in "Won't Get Fooled Again" - "Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss". When the rubber meets the road there isn't a spit worth of difference between either side. On paper Bush and Obama are as different as night and day. In practice, are things much different now under Obama than they were under Bush?
edit on 12-3-2011 by Frogs because: I have the brain power of a doorknob.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Both parties are bad....but the republicans are worse, because of the "extra baggage" they bring to the mess.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

All of them on both sides seem to be friggin idiots. I want viable libertarian party candidates.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yeah I believe the democrat republican paradigmis hurting right now because both sides cannot get anything done. Or do the will of the people. Which shows both parties ineffectiveness.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I feel like telling my young generation to read books on economics and not just argue things they know nothing about. They're all pro-Democrats, and they really sound like idiots when they talk about the economic advantages of their policies. When a democrat does something stupid they ignore it, but when a republican does it they raise hell. Then there are the pro-republican. They believe is BS like trickle down theory.

As far as I'm concerned supporters of both parties are economically illiterate, and should read a book on what they are politicizing blindly about. Politicians use this economic ignorance to get votes for their horrible policies.

new topics

top topics

join