It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Knocked Off It's Axis, Japan Moves 8 Feet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I know a lot of threads have been started since the quake, I am not trying to add to those, I am wanting to discuss the fact that Japan has moved by 8 ft, and the earth was knocked off it's axis, this time a whooping 4 inches!

What does this mean to the earth and it's functions???

www.cnn.com...#

Reports from the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Italy estimated the 8.9-magnitude quake shifted the planet on its axis by nearly 4 inches (10 centimeters).

From what I have read tonight, that could have a profound effect on our weather, and I am now wondering if that is why we had such a strange winter, after the same thing happened recently, I believe it was the Haiti quake, and that was only by like an inch.

The Earth currently has an axial tilt of about 23.4°.[2] The axis remains tilted in the same direction towards the stars throughout a year and this means that when a hemisphere (a northern or southern half of the earth) is pointing away from the Sun at one point in the orbit then half an orbit later (half a year later) this hemisphere will be pointing towards the Sun. This effect is the main cause of the seasons

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems to me this earth is trying to change itself or something, I am starting to think the big dino kill could have been an axil tilt caused by a large quake, it seems more likely to me than an asteroid!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Looks like they have to remake the map lol...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join