It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone up for a treasure hunt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Apparently, in southern Ontario there are a bunch of gold coins under the Grand River. Quite the story of a hunter who put them there too.

So, pull out Google maps, and search up that River and area. The Silver was found, but the Gold lies beneath 15 feet of water. I looked it up for a while, no claims have been submitted for the finding of the gold.

For you Canadian, or even international treasure hunters, good luck.

Link: www.mediaoftheday.com...

Somewhere under the Grand River conservation dam at Lake Belwood is buried a fortune in gold and silver coins.

Some of them belong to me.

How did the get there, under 15 feet of water? John Alpaugh, my great-great-grand-father put them there for safekeeping.

Sounds like a fairy tale, but articles reprinted in the Fergus News-Record and Chesley Enterprise in 1957 verify the story.

John Alpaugh came to Canada long before the Confederation. He settles in Wellington County in 1835 as a United Empire Loyalist. Of German descent, he came from Pennsylvania to live in the “new country” under British rule. He became successful at farming, hunting, and fishing and came by the title “The Davey Crockett of Wellington County.”

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

lived across the bridge,, or through the tunnel..

love Ontario ... spent many nights there...

if just one of those Gold coins are there...,,, i put one there....

wish i met you there,, in my day..
darrman

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Davy Crockett, King if the Wild Frontier, was a celebrated 19th-century American folk hero, frontiersman, soldier and politician. I applaud Canada for designating a Davy Crockett for each County. It is this type of gesture that only helps to improve the loving bond between the USA & Canada.

I think the USA should return the compliment by appointing a John Candy for each State in America. John Candy was a Canadian actor and comedian. He rose to fame as a member of the Toronto, Ontario branch of The Second City, its related Second City Television series, and in his role in comedy films such as Stripes, Splash, Cool Runnings, The Great Outdoors, and Uncle Buck.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
from past experience in a tiny river. Without very expensive equipment you are getting nowere

top topics

join