It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its ALL Your Fault!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Are you tired of hearing about solutions to problems that YOU did not cause? We live in a world where those that cause the majorities of problems do not have to deal with the repercussions of solving them, as this seems to be the fault of everyone except those that have the money.

Recycle.. because you have an option to purchase something other than PVC, plastic or Styrofoam. Save electricity because we can having rolling blackouts.... because we caused this to happen. Eat better, but dont eat things that are GMO's. high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, etc,... because we grow it in our backyards, and are causing a problem.

Be scared of your surroundings and neighbors, they are out to get you.... because the news doesn't bombard us with these images, its all in our imaginations.

We live in a world of blame, and we seem to except that the majority of the worlds issues are caused by you and me. In fact this is caused by those that are in power, and the minority that own the worlds money.

IF we had a choice do you think that we would willingly poison ourselves? Our children? Our elderly? Our planet?

If we redirected our issues to those that cause them, we would not only make it easier to provide for ourselves, but to nourish our planet. What if Walmart's decided to close or leave major cities. OH NO!, would we then have to depend on what has sustained us for so long? Like each other. Mom and Pop shops.

OH NO, what if my bank closed. Would this then cause you to talk to your neighbor, or gain a trade or skill. Oh NO, what if we had to raise our children as a community, and not allow FB or video games to do it for us.

Just a different way to look at things, I would love to hear your opinions on this whether pro or con.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Wow...

Great insight...

Are you single?

very thought provoking ..

i'm still percolating an idea/comment...... but your flag,, #1 ,,,is mine...
edit on 3/11/11 by darrman because: my Wife says i can have 2 wives,,,,,,,, if she can have 3 husbands......LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

It is our fault my friend. It is all our fault. No one is in power without the consent of the people. Money does not exist without the consent of the people. War does not exist without the consent of the people. We consent to everything because our own lives are made easier or more pleasurable by the choices we have made.

I am still waiting on the camp out at Washington DC demanding an end to wars of attrition. I am still waiting for the people to reject the authority of "Government" over their lives. I am still waiting to see people shed their hatred and common fears of one another and unite to build a better world.

While I wait, I AM the problem.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

Wow...

Great insight...

Are you single?

very thought provoking ..

i'm still percolating an idea/comment...... but your flag,, #1 ,,,is mine...
edit on 3/11/11 by darrman because: my Wife says i can have 2 wives,,,,,,,, if she can have 3 husbands......LOL

Thanks.

Yes I am single, but mostly because I think this way

Thought provoking is what I was looking for.

I look forward to your response after the percolation

Thanks for the flag.

Let me know the status of your decision, as I'm also open minded

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

It is our fault my friend. It is all our fault. No one is in power without the consent of the people. Money does not exist without the consent of the people. War does not exist without the consent of the people. We consent to everything because our own lives are made easier or more pleasurable by the choices we have made.

I am still waiting on the camp out at Washington DC demanding an end to wars of attrition. I am still waiting for the people to reject the authority of "Government" over their lives. I am still waiting to see people shed their hatred and common fears of one another and unite to build a better world.

With Love,

Your Brother.

I used to think that way as well. How could I have caused this. What have I left for my children? The next generation. Then... I looked again. I looked hard, and thoroughly. I look at the products, the stores, the news, the music, the t.v, the food, the trash. I then realized! Its not OUR fault.

I used to think that if a few of us rose we could make a difference. Then realized that a few died, some remember, but ultimately people forgot. That making a BIG difference can be crushed quickly. But to make people think that a few couldn't make a difference... and then make them think it was their fault is priceless.

If 10 people stood as one, one giant step could stop them. Get 10 people to do separate things for change, and have them scatter is harder for one giant shoe, but require thought, and TPTB dont have that kind of time. We cannot have a hive mind. Think for yourself, and start without taking the blame for something that you cannot control, but can change.. and were ahead of the game.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I used to think that way as well. How could I have caused this. What have I left for my children? The next generation. Then... I looked again. I looked hard, and thoroughly. I look at the products, the stores, the news, the music, the t.v, the food, the trash. I then realized! Its not OUR fault.

I used to think that if a few of us rose we could make a difference. Then realized that a few died, some remember, but ultimately people forgot. That making a BIG difference can be crushed quickly. But to make people think that a few couldn't make a difference... and then make them think it was their fault is priceless.

If 10 people stood as one, one giant step could stop them. Get 10 people to do separate things for change, and have them scatter is harder for one giant shoe, but require thought, and TPTB dont have that kind of time. We cannot have a hive mind. Think for yourself, and start without taking the blame for something that you cannot control, but can change.. and were ahead of the game.

Peace, NRE.

I believe we are already making that change my friend. Teach people to love, teach them to open their eyes and see, never sit quite, never be afraid to speak up, live not for this world, but for the world you leave your children.

A little divine help to wake up the masses is sometimes necessary as well.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

IAMIAM is ultimately correct. Those that lead us do deceive us, but a lot of it is very obvious, most of us can acknowledge on some level, how corrupt they are. Yet we choose to do very little about it. We continue to turn a blind eye and let them engineer our realities, time after time we let them make the same mistakes and as a WHOLE we do nothing to stand up and say ENOUGH. As a society of people, humans have lost their ability to truly stand up with passion and fight for what they believe in. We've can't even comprehend the possibility of taking such action against the Government, they've stripped people of their ability to even imagine such change is possible. In reality, it's both our faults, the leaders and the followers. Humans.

edit on 11-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Peace, NRE.

I believe we are already making that change my friend. Teach people to love, teach them to open their eyes and see, never sit quite, never be afraid to speak up, live not for this world, but for the world you leave your children.

A little divine help to wake up the masses is sometimes necessary as well.

With Love,

Your Brother

This was the reason for starting the thread. Many make themselves ill and stressed trying to figure out what they have done wrong. When you do a thorough analysis of your surroundings you begin to see a pattern. Not a pattern of faults on your behalf, but of the ones you cannot control, unless you no longer live in a home, eat food, or care for another.

We do have a chance to make a change and seeing these things in another light is a small start.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

This was the reason for starting the thread. Many make themselves ill and stressed trying to figure out what they have done wrong. When you do a thorough analysis of your surroundings you begin to see a pattern. Not a pattern of faults on your behalf, but of the ones you cannot control, unless you no longer live in a home, eat food, or care for another.

We do have a chance to make a change and seeing these things in another light is a small start.

Peace, NRE.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Remember that accepting his will is walking in his shoes or as Ghandi put it, being the change you want to see.

Thank you for what you do everyday my friend, to be a positive change in this world.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

IAMIAM is ultimately correct. Those that lead us do deceive us, but a lot of it is very obvious, most of us can acknowledge on some level, how corrupt they are. Yet we choose to do very little about it. We continue to turn a blind eye and let them engineer our realities, time after time we let them make the same mistakes and as a WHOLE we do nothing to stand up and say ENOUGH. As a society of people, humans have lost their ability to truly stand up with passion and fight for what they believe in. We've can't even comprehend the possibility of taking such action against the Government, they've stripped people of their ability to even imagine such change is possible. In reality, it's both our faults, the leaders and the followers. Humans.

OK. What if I worded it differently? What if I told you that you have to make the change yourself? No blames, no faults. You have to make a change as "they" say but not accuse TPTB or change their options. Now base your life on saving the whales, the polar bears, starving children, the environment, the homeless, sick children,etc,.

Now leave everything the way it is. But change YOU! Don't tell the company to stop dumping waste, or filling our oceans with plastic, or tell them to stop using dangerous chemicals in/to store our food, or to better make use of the FDA, or USDA, or any of the alphabet agencies. Does this seem fair?

What would you eat? Where would you go? WE know how corrupt they are, but every time someone thinks they can make a difference they go to the store and notice everything is in a can. Or everything is GMO, or PVC is surrounding your house. Or you choose another news channel and everything is the same.

There may even be another hearing for a powerful company, yet they aren't taking the blame, so yet again you are contemplating what YOU are going to do to compensate for what those that can do will not. We are living in a vicious circle, but there is a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

US! Together! United! We can fight!
With NOT buying PVC. With NOT buying crap that they say is good, but later we find out will cause our health to fail. We do have an opportunity, but it starts with actually the first time ever to push aside the myth that placing the blame in someone else is useless, because all that is, is another way to let them get away with what they do now.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Peace, NRE.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Remember that accepting his will is walking in his shoes or as Ghandi put it, being the change you want to see.

Thank you for what you do everyday my friend, to be a positive change in this world.

With Love,

Your Brother

I appreciate the time that you have taken to contribute, but I must say that many of the sayings that you have mentioned have caused what we have today. A passive movement is no movement at all. If we base things on sayings and not on actions our world will disintegrate worse then it does today.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I totally agree with you,
I wrote recently in my thread (To combat the rising tide of anti-human sentiment, dont know how to link it but I hope you can read it I think you would like it! its in the rant section)
that we are not the cause of the problem,"they" are, but that we can change things if we really want to

And the salvation is this;
Choice

And this is its light;
That we can CHOOSE not to let this continue. We have the power to end the age of darkness and lift our concioussness beyond the confines of flesh, if we would simply choose to do so. TPTB have done a very good job at keeping us ignorant of our true power, our potential.... Our salvation, our purpose, our freedom.

We do not need them.

We do not have to choose them.

And at any time we can end the senseless suffering, the mindless violence. We just need to abandon their game, and stop hiding our lights under the veil they have created for the very purpose of keeping us below them and unaware. But choice is our power, and this is what they fear, that we would choose not to partake of the game they created, that we would choose to listen to the light within rather than pandering to their lies, that we would end it all for them and start a new era for ourselves....

Because it IS TPTB who are at fault not us, they are the ones screwing with the planet not us, they are the ones causing the darkness NOT us, but we can stop them, not with bombs or guns or stones.... But with CHOICE, that is something they can never take away. Oh they tell us we have no choice, they tell us alright, and most of us believe it, but its not true.

Listen; their game is an illusion and we CAN choose not to play it.

So, in my humble opinion, are not the ones in the wrong, however we do have to take responsibility for the fact that we have a choice, we CAN choose to make this experiance of life a good one for everyone.....
We have given our power of choice over to TPTB for trinkets and toys and they choose for us, now is the time to take the power back, that is the only way forward...

edit on 11-3-2011 by Rhebefree because: Link didnt work

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I appreciate the time that you have taken to contribute, but I must say that many of the sayings that you have mentioned have caused what we have today. A passive movement is no movement at all. If we base things on sayings and not on actions our world will disintegrate worse then it does today.

Peace, NRE.

Are you aware of just how megalithic the beast has become my friend? Are you fully aware of the sacrifice that will be needed to bring it down? Are you willing to make that sacrifice?

Have you seen the Plan at the bottom of my posts?

Not many are willing yet to make the sacrifice. Not many yet are willing to spread the word. Not many are willing to put aside their differences, their wealth, their own comfort to make a better world.

If you are, spread the word.

In the mean time, a few more natural disasters and cataclysms will be necessary to break the system of iniquity down so we can rebuild it based on love for all, and love for the gifts we have been given in this planet.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Peace, NRE.

Are you aware of just how megalithic the beast has become my friend? Are you fully aware of the sacrifice that will be needed to bring it down? Are you willing to make that sacrifice?

Not many are willing yet to make the sacrifice. Not many yet are willing to spread the word. Not many are willing to put aside their differences, their wealth, their own comfort to make a better world.

In the mean time, a few more natural disasters and cataclysms will be necessary to break the system of iniquity down so we can rebuild it based on love for all, and love for the gifts we have been given in this planet.

With Love,

Your Brother

Not only am I willing to make the sacrifice, but I am here to inform and share with others not to fall for the fallacies that are shown before them.

No I have not.

And that is why I have made this thread. All many need is a small window to see the errors in the ways of others, and realize that this ISN'T all on them.

As stated above this is the reason for the thread.

Now this I can agree with! Even thought the natural disaster are... natural.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

US! Together! United! We can fight!
As I said, humans will only make change, when they want change. Alone I can achieve nearly nothing, I can of course try to accumulate members and start a snowball effect. And people try that all the time, but until the majority of people, until we, as a society of humans, decide to help with this change instead of ignore it, nothing will happen. Therefore we as a whole, we all have to take the blame. I have to take the blame, I play a part in our overall ignorance daily, and I know I do, I just go along with it, trapped in the system, bound to the status quo. I know there's no point trying, because I know humans aren't ready yet. Soon the time will come, IMO, that a great shift in consciousness will take place and as a species we make a great transition. I feel there will be great obstacles to overcome if we are to achieve this, but it can be done, and I hope with my whole being that this day comes in my life time.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Well then let's start a movement. Obviously we cannot do so on ATS, but we can discuss it.

If you want to get this ball rolling, throw out some ideas. Let's go!

I have already divested myself of all that I own, I travel light.
I have already eliminated my use of money, I travel cheap!
I have already become an enemy of the State, I am a wanted man!

All I need are people willing to do the same.

Oh, and it would help if they knew something about networking outside ATS. Starting a movement is kinda prohibited here.

I am game if you are ready.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Well then let's start a movement. Obviously we cannot do so on ATS, but we can discuss it.

If you want to get this ball rolling, throw out some ideas. Let's go!

I have already divested myself of all that I own, I travel light.
I have already eliminated my use of money, I travel cheap!
I have already become an enemy of the State, I am a wanted man!

All I need are people willing to do the same.

Oh, and it would help if they knew something about networking outside ATS. Starting a movement is kinda prohibited here.

I am game if you are ready.

With Love,

Your Brother

You are more then welcome to read my previous thread as far back as you can and see that this is not a new message of mine. I have in fact started to make a change and have invited others to think outside the box. I will continue my message for as long as I can and I would like to thank you for you contribution as it is well appreciated.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

That's one of the things that annoys me with the people that post incessantly about how they're just waiting around for 'higher consciousness' to fall into their lap in 2012. Really bothers me, not only do they fail to define their perception of 'higher consciousness' but if anyone wants anything in this world they have to go out there and earn it - no ones just going to give it to you. The nerve of someone whose never even meditated thinking they can sit about and just be granted super human powers, its delusional. Glad the OP wasn't 'all up in our grills'
like 'its your fault, wake up sheeple' because the people that use rhetoric like that are usually conspiracy theorist 'sheeple' themselves.

As Ghandi said, be the change you want to see in the world. Can't stand reading people ranting about 'wake up sheeple! I'm going to cry I'm so frustrated, why cant you see?! the world is rubbish its ur fault sheeple, not mine!' when they're doing nothing to solve anything themselves, asides from regurgitating every single thing that popular conspiracy theorists say on an online forum.

Of course the amount of labour required to achieve any sort of change is overwhelming, but nothing is impossible. I think everyone would be up for improving their quality of life, they just can't put their fingers on what it is specifically that they are unhappy with or the issues they are faced with. Everyone is to blame for failure to act, but at the same time what can anyone do? We've been programmed, whether it be consciously or unconsciously, to feel inadequate. There's no point being aggressive or condescending with people that fail to recognise their own complicity in holding themselves down, explain it. Especially since a lot of these conspiracy theorist propagate the same mentality, looking for a 'them' to blame everything on, whether its illuminati or aliens or whatever. Here's another quote, Noam Chomsky this time:

'All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.'

This is why leaders play such a significant part in significant movements I guess..
edit on 12-3-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by arollingstone because: grammar

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

1: There are no women on the internet

2: It is all our faults, because if we diddnt buy this crap they wouldnt make it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

With Love,

Your Brother

Hi Brother,

I strongly disagree with "No one is in power without the consent of the people". Well, I can tell you that the US has massive influence on my life through controlling the money, the media, the culture, the values and the people of this world - But I am a citizen of another country, I do not get any say on their actions - not even the Prime Minister of my country gets that luxury and I am sure most here are the same.
Even those in the US only get to vote for the face of their corporation - but what does a vote mean if the politics are influenced by those with the money - Obama for instance promised change, they put him in power and they got more of the same.
I am not saying give up the belief that we can make change - because if you give up hope it can never happen - but there is no point blaming yourself for things that are beyond your control.
We all contribute to the problems of this world to some degree - we are all on the internet while children in Africa starve - but really we just need to live with ourselves and answer to ourselves - feel guilty where there are things we can change, but don't feel guilty for things we can't - and be honest to ourself.

edit on 12-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join