It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan responds to massive quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Japan responds to massive quake

www.rawstory.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) – 2320 GMT: Latest toll estimates, according to Japan's Kyodo and Jiji news agencies, suggest more than 1,000 people have died. At least 400 deaths have already been confirmed by officials.

2259 GMT: Japan's nuclear plant operator Tokyo Electric Power says a second of its atomic plants in an earthquake-hit area is experiencing reactor cooling problems, Kyodo News reports.

2242 GMT: The UN's International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says there are problems with two reactors at the Fukushima nuclear power plant, where Kyodo news has reported radiation levels 1,000 tim
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
As the sun shines over the "Land of the Rising Sun," the devastation becomes clear. But perhaps the worst is not over yet as is the case with the nuclear meltdown occuring at the Fukushima nuclear plant.

There is much work to be done, and hopefully the rest of the world will reach out to Japan to show their support.

Here are some ways you can help:

moneywatch.bnet.com...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
For the latest on the Nuclear Plants, etc. here's an on-going thread that multiple people are keeping pretty up-to-date ...
Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

The current (confirmed) count is:
Five reactors having issues.
Two (of six reactors) at "Fukushima Daiichi", (aka "Fukushima I").
Three (of four reactors) at "Fukushima Daini" (aka "Fukushima II").
To add to confusion, both plants are located in the same area ("Prefect"?), named "Fukushima".

There are rumors of other plants being effected. Still trying to track those down to exact plant(s), and verify to some authoritative source.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
hopefully some good can come from this, 1000 deaths and who knows what conditions their water and sanitation is in. this will be a long recovery for them.

and with the long list of smaller 5+ quakes rocking the area about 10 quakes an hour, I really worry what the earth has in store for us.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
First post to ATS. Im wondering if anyone has studied the effects of all the Oil Drilling and removal of millions of barrels of oil leaving the sediment to eventually collapse upon itself. I dont see it causing a 8.9 Quake but perhaps smaller seismic activity which is above normal the last few years.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I also wonder about that, All that oil they take out (and gas) leaves holes and then what?

top topics

join