It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia 'day of rage' protest fizzles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia 'day of rage' protest fizzles

www.latimes.com

Reporting from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia A call for protests in Saudi Arabia that had been talked about for weeks drew only a handful of people Friday, allowing the kingdom to keep at bay for now the waves of political unrest that have battered the Middle East and North Africa.

In the end, the "day of rage," organized on Facebook and by word of mouth, fizzled. No protests occurred in any Saudi cities except for a small demonstration in Al-Ahsa in restive Eastern province, said Maj. Gen. Mansour Turki of the Interior Ministry. Turki said he did not know if any arrests were made in connection wi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Really curious about everything going on right now. Just wondering if anyone has any friends or relatives in Saudi Arabia or surounding area that might have more information.

People on other threads already speculating on the earthquake drawing attention away etc.

There seems to be so much going on in the world at once these days.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-3-2011 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
TPTB is so happy the EQ happened. It is so much of a distraction. All the attention is directed towards Japan.

It's still a really sad day

And I'm really upset the Day of Rage fizzled. It would have been cool, although I prefer peaceful protests.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
That pesky earthquake. Serves them street idiots right for getting no attention or attraction.
I'll chalk it up to God works in mysterious ways.
I'm sure we'll hear the loons start blaming space aliens, CERN, HAARP, or TPTB so don't knock my God reference, it is highly more likely than any of those.

join