It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Secret Service releases Reagan shooting audio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Regan Shooting Tapes

US Secret Service releases Reagan shooting audio

WASHINGTON — In the frantic first seconds after the March 30, 1981 assassination attempt on then-US president Ronald Reagan, one of his bodyguards reassured his comrades that "Rawhide is okay."

But Rawhide -- Reagan's code name -- was far from okay: He had been struck by one of the six bullets fired by would-be assassin John Hinckley after the projectile ricocheted off the president's armored limousine.

So just over a minute after Special Agent in Charge Jerry Parr's initial message, Special Agent Thomas Unrue announces over the secure radio frequency: "We want to go to the emerg
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/11/2011 by SUICIDEHK45 because: fix link

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This gives a pretty interesting "behind the scenes" look as to what was going on during those frantic moments back in '81. It's good insight as to how well these agents are trained, and I'm sure the agents of today are trained much better. With as many appearances as the U.S. President makes, and as much as he is hated by some, it's good to see that there are very capable men and women protecting the "Leader of the Free World"

Just found this interesting, thought I'd share, since it's the first time this has been released to the public.

[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gK9mTHoedoqI2I9jdO510LeKN71A?docId=CNG.bcf12d0b0f0ad360af62caaa465d97f3.321]www.google.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, I think tptb tried to kill him because he wouldn't go to war with Russia, but luckily he survived and he didn't go to war and they didn't try to kill again because that would be too suspicious. Cheney and Wolfowitz wanted a war, but he wouldn't give it to them.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I know that I'm not adding anything to the conversation but I just had to point out the irony in the fact that his armored car was "technically" the one who shot him.

Also props to the Agents who took care of Ronnie after this event. They seem to be in the top Echelon of their field and are true badasses.

That is all.
edit on 11/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Afterthought

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Good post. One has to wonder what the outcome would have been had Hinckley succeeded. Reaganomics was arguably a huge factor in the ever present failing US economy, some have even pegged it as the birthplace of decline. Still a good insight on the ensuing panic and goofy codewords/language used.

brill

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Oh yeah, the Praetorian Guard was in top form that day:

--Judy Woodruff, reporting for NBC News Special Reports, immediately after the assassination attempt, insisted that at least one shot came from an overhang over Reagan's limousine. Woodruff later reported that the shot came from a Secret Service agent who was stationed on the overhang, which one researcher dubbed "the Bushy Knoll." According to this researcher, if a sniper were positioned on the "Bushy Knoll," he would have had a clear shot at Reagan along the exact angle at which the bullet entered his body.

--Reagan's limousine was not parked right in front of the entrance, as it should have been and normally was, but was parked 30 feet further away, which caused Reagan to be exposed as he walked to the car.

--In the video of this event, Reagan waves to supporters across the street from the hotel exit, who have been kept back behind the police lines. Yet Hinckley was about 10 feet from the president when shots rang out. He was amongst a select group of reporters, cops, and secret service agents. How did he manage to get so close?

--White House correspondent Sarah McClendon reported that Reagan's Secret Service retinue wasn't in its "usual tight formation" around Reagan in front of the Hilton.

--In his memoirs, President Reagan said he felt nothing at the time of the shooting, but felt a great amount of pain when his secret service agent jumped on top of him in the limo a second later, causing him to initially think the agent had broken a rib. Because of this, some have suggested this agent was the one who fired the near fatal bullet to Reagan's chest. As it was, the armored door of the President's limo stood between Hinckley and his target, which forced the researchers to conclude the bullet had ricocheted from the door frame, or the roof, into Reagan.

--Though the President's limo took off immediately for the five minute ride to the hospital, and the other three wounded were bundled into ambulances five minutes later, all the three wounded arrived at George Washington University Hospital 15 minutes before the President. What happened in those 20 missing minutes? The Secret Service would only say, "We got lost."

-------

A poem written by Hinckley, 1981:

Pretend you are a virgin on fire
An outcast in the midst of madness
The scion of something unthinkable
Satan's long lost illegitimate son
A solitary weed among carnations
The last living sh** on earth
Regardless of everyone's friends
I plot revenge in the dark
I plot escape from this asylum
Regardless of Disneyland
I follow the example of perverts
I follow the long lost swine

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Intentional BUMP

I found this audio very interesting and compelling. With all the breaking news yesterday, March 11th, I think this riviting audio was overlooked.

Here's a direct link to the audio:

Secret Service Audio

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

What are your sources? Do you have links?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The sources are easily located on the net using a search engine. I didn't bother sourcing my quotes because these facts are not in dispute.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

If you are going to claim something to be true then you need to show the facts to back up your claim. The burden of proof is on you. At least give sources.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

dagmar.lunarpages.com...
--Judy Woodruff, reporting for NBC News Special Reports, immediately after the assassination attempt, insisted that at least one shot came from an overhang over Reagan's limousine. Woodruff later reported that the shot came from a Secret Service agent who was stationed on the overhang, which one researcher dubbed "the Bushy Knoll." According to this researcher, if a sniper were positioned on the "Bushy Knoll," he would have had a clear shot at Reagan along the exact angle at which the bullet entered his body.

From the video of the incident and picturesof the shooting
www.killtown.911review.org...
--Reagan's limousine was not parked right in front of the entrance, as it should have been and normally was, but was parked 30 feet further away, which caused Reagan to be exposed as he walked to the car.

en.wikipedia.org...
--While the Secret Service extensively screened those attending the president's speech, in a "colossal mistake" the agency allowed an unscreened group to stand within 15 feet of him, behind a rope line....
[I changed this from an earlier assertion that Hinckley was in a group of security people and reporters, which was not accurate.]

Attributed to ex-White House aide and author Barbara Honneger
--White House correspondent Sarah McClendon reported that Reagan's Secret Service retinue wasn't in its "usual tight formation" around Reagan in front of the Hilton.

www.youtube.com...=84
--President Reagan said he felt nothing at the time of the shooting, but felt a great amount of pain when his secret service agent jumped on top of him in the limo a second later, causing him to initially think the agent had broken a rib. Because of this, some have suggested this agent was the one who fired the near fatal bullet to Reagan's chest. As it was, the armored door of the President's limo stood between Hinckley and his target, which forced the researchers to conclude the bullet had ricocheted from the door frame, or the roof, into Reagan.

www.ez-websites.com...
--Though the President's limo took off immediately for the five minute ride to the hospital, and the other three wounded were bundled into ambulances five minutes later, all the three wounded arrived at George Washington University Hospital 15 minutes before the President. What happened in those 20 missing minutes? The Secret Service would only say, "We got lost."

You might say some of these sources are not credible. Though I could just as well say they are credible.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here is an interesting postscript to the story. Not about the shooting itself, but how the country was lied to about Reagan's physical condition:

saratogian.com...

"It was surreal," she said. "The first time I saw (Reagan) his face was gray. He had the pallor of death and he was wheezing. It was not good. His kids were all there in tears and his wife was very emotional. I left work that night thinking there was a 50-50 chance he wouldn’t pull through."

She was the assistant head nurse at George Washington University Hospital in Washington, D.C., where the president was brought moments after the shooting. She worked the 3 to 11 p.m. evening shift as one of two nurses assigned to him.

She was surprised to read in the newspapers the next morning that the president was doing fine and was recovering. "It was the first time I realized that newspapers could be wrong," she said. "They hadn’t been told the truth about his condition. He was not fine and was not recovering and until the third day his situation was still very much in doubt. But then on day three he started telling us stories of his days working in Hollywood and I knew he was going to be all right."

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Well, I think tptb tried to kill him because he wouldn't go to war with Russia, but luckily he survived and he didn't go to war and they didn't try to kill again because that would be too suspicious. Cheney and Wolfowitz wanted a war, but he wouldn't give it to them.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

That's an interesting one, I've also heard it was as a warning because he was wanting to implement policies that the ptb didn't like.
After he was shot I could be wrong but didn't he back off some of his planned policy's or water them down??

The shooter was definately MK Ultra material though...
Not so sure it was his own side that had a hand in it. I think the shooter just got incredibly lucky and daring at the same time...
edit on 11-4-2011 by WatchRider because: Addition!

new topics

top topics

join