It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is their interest in us or this planet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Were more advanced then you think. See the gov. can lie to us make us think were years away from anything awesome. An advancedc civilization however wouldn't be gullable enough to swallow anything the gov. tells them. As being more advance dthey would be able to know what and when we are capable of doing.

So no it is not akin to the same thing. You gotta understand we have more behind closed doors then we know about. I'm pretty sure we have our own ufo's. We just don't know it yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think they have a god complex, I think they placed life on earth and have been watching it evolve since then, think about it, we have records of them since always, but they have never done anything that actually reveals their existence (like parking in the middle of soho and saying hello), if they where mining us it would be huge scale, but I think the just want to see how their experiment is doing

The abductions would be to examine the life on earth, to see how we are doing
edit on 12/3/2011 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Their interest is our soul. Our emotions, our creative forces, our connection with god. Our past, who we are.

They are interested in themselves too, when I see you, i remember home. When im home, I remember you.

I love you
edit on 12-3-2011 by DarkCyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KingLeoric

Were more advanced then you think.

Not until we learn how to use apostrophes and other elements of proper spelling.

Sorry - bit of a pet peeve of mine.

See the gov. can lie to us make us think were years away from anything awesome.

You focus far too much on the government. Real invention and discovery comes from businesses and entrepreneurs. At best, government contracts fund efforts to compile those advances into unique solutions for defense and other purposes.

An advancedc civilization however wouldn't be gullable enough to swallow anything the gov. tells them.

How in the world is that word standing in the place of "advanced" clearing FireFox's spell-check? This is more vexing to me than any question about aliens.

To be more serious - what makes you think an advanced civilization would even recognize our social structures and governments? What if it is, literally, a species consisting of one individual? How would it have any concept of society and other sentient species?

As being more advance dthey would be able to know what and when we are capable of doing.

Maybe. Perhaps they have no concept of solid state electronics and are completely mystified by the capabilities of a home computer system. Maybe the idea that we can pull a plant out of the ground and use it to treat illnesses and to augment our own body's healing abilities is vexing and terrifying. Perhaps life here is symbiotic to a degree unique in their known universe.

Hell - maybe the idea of an object that flies above the ground without the mechanisms they use is dumbfounding and the idea of a wing is completely alien to them - so as to be seen as magic.

One of the first things you realize is that you never know. You don't really know what anyone or anything is capable of until it's already transpired. I've done things I never would have imagined I could - both good and bad. I've seen others do things I never imagined they could.

So no it is not akin to the same thing. You gotta understand we have more behind closed doors then we know about. I'm pretty sure we have our own ufo's. We just don't know it yet.

We've got all kinds of fun toys. Not UFOs, though. To be honest - some of our most high-tech military applications are out of date by comparison to known and available research and market technologies. Metamaterials are so new that they have barely been given the proper research as to their practical applications - negative IoR metamaterials have huge implications for various optics systems and radars.

Given capital that I don't currently have - I could pump out some pretty crazy stuff based off of what we have right now. May not be as impressive as some sort of gravity-defying technology or mythical zero-point energy - but I could have us mining asteroids before 2025 and making the current metropolis obsolete.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join