It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is their interest in us or this planet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So the question has been asked, why are they coming here, what is their interest in us or this planet?

All such advanced lifeforms are seen as being advanced because of their technology and their wisdom. Understand that all technology requires raw materials and if you are very technologically advanced your requirement for those raw materials becomes huge!
All raw materials, matter consists of the elements you can observe in the periodic table of elements. Did you know that of all the planets in the solar system your planet has the highest density! One centimetre cubed of your planetary material on average is more dense then the matter which makes up the other planets in the solar system. Your planet is full of the "heavy elements" which are necessary for the production of those advanced technology's.

Could it be that those underground alien bases you have heard about are actually mining operations, busy hollowing out the earth and shipping all those valuable heavy metals off your planet to be used to manufacture technology. Could it be that those ETs you call the greys are actually slaves, genetically engineered slaves (biological robots).

edit on 11-3-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Alright, i just typed paragraphs about your topic but the page said security error when i posted, apparently i know something you shouldnt.
Im dead serious about this and im sorry friend.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Good questions, if you to need gold, i can see no other planet in sight, in wich you might find it.
And i think there are lots more...
But why do you, say ( YOUR PLANET )

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Theres as much raw materials on other planets in our solar system than on Earth. The only reason they could visit us could be merely for exploration reasons, or are hostile intergalactic warlords of the Milky Way galaxy wanting power, control and wealth.
I'd go with number 2 because first of all, I wouldn't travel hundreds/thousands of light years just to see a primitive and greedy race of humans squabble over world resources, politics, skin colour, religion who really have nothing to offer and would probably attack even a friendly visitor from outer space...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think they are just watching us, being inquisitive and the like!.
I dont think they are here for any malevolent reasons.

link   
I think they are just watching us, being inquisitive and the like!.
I dont think they are here for any malevolent reasons.

link   
OK you all been smoking too much weed.

Or acid.

Either way your all talking crap lol

link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well I'll go out on a limb and say ok, what if they are visiting. Well, so far, they've been nothing but friendly (excluding the abduction claims) so a military type society seems less likely. Seriously, if they've mastered anti-gravity and space travel, I really don't think we'd put up much of a fight.

So if they are aggressive I'd say we would already be dead or enslaved.

So are they peaceful? They so far seem to be keeping their distance and not interfering with our matters.

Could it be an X-files scenario where they are coming to colonize? Again, unlikely as they have apparently been visiting since the 40s (and maybe even in ancient times) and I don't personally know many aliens.

Scientists have said if a race were to evolve to the point of interstellar travel, it would be for 1 of 2 reasons. Expansion or Exploration.

So far, if ufo reports are to be believed, I'd say they are here to Explore and learn about life in the galaxy/universe.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by theibbsta
Theres as much raw materials on other planets in our solar system than on Earth. The only reason they could visit us could be merely for exploration reasons, or are hostile intergalactic warlords of the Milky Way galaxy wanting power, control and wealth.
I'd go with number 2 because first of all, I wouldn't travel hundreds/thousands of light years just to see a primitive and greedy race of humans squabble over world resources, politics, skin colour, religion who really have nothing to offer and would probably attack even a friendly visitor from outer space...

If you are after heavy elements, Earth has the highest density as I said, that is where you would go. Why heavy elements? because that is the key to power generation and gravity control amongst other things.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Lets say us humans have advanced technology to travel to stars, I mean publicly. Lets say we're 100,000 years into the future with all this crazy technology. What if we found a planet with a civilization different from us but using technology similar to us that we had 100,000 thousand years ago. Are we going to wipe them out for resources? Will we try to help them out?

If wipe them out, why destroy them? Why wipe out a civilization for resources when there is trillions of other planets out there.

What if the aliens are just a documentary team, like we have. Ones where they go out in the wild and document wild animals, but we try not to let them know we're there?

I'm kidding about the documentary, but what would we do if we found a planet with intelligent life, and with technology we had all those years ago? Would we help them so they don't pollute their planet? So many question, such little answers

As far as them getting resources, who is letting them? Soon enough they'll take it all and we'll have nothing, and then what? Money wont save them so I doubt the "elites" would care about getting richer while they get closer to death or something

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Perhaps they really don't have much interest in humans and don't interact with them, just covertly mine the earth for its heavy elements and ship them off the planet by the UFO full

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Personally, I think it is silly to try and attribute human actions and feelings to anything outside of the human race. Assuming an existence of ET's, their reasons for being here (or not) could be entirely incomprehensible to us as a species.

That said, exploration is the answer for me. Sure, expansion might be the case, however when you consider the likely billions upon billions of other pseudo-earth like planets out there, and the fact that aliens/ET's likely have far superior technology and can terraform the crap out of rocks, then does expanding to a planet that is already inhabited make any sense? Surely an empty rock would be a little easier to deal with.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Your materials and matter are only 4-5% of everything existing in the universe,
but mind seeks always minds.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Stanton Friedman does a detailed list of reasons in his "Flying Saucers ARE Real" lecture which includes everything from mining potential to recreation.
The written format is in the 4th Annual UFO Crash Retrieval Conference Proceedings (2006).

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
what is their interest in us or this planet?

---

A bunch of stuff. I believe some of the ebe races are quite concerned about our hands on usable nuclear technology in that detonations can pierce into their dimensions, not just making areas on earth we're in uninhabitable for centuries.

2) Their infiltrating major govs, military and peoples on this ball through hybridization, to learn (if not change) the mess, wmd capability and overpopulation of humans, that are slowly decaying this ball.

3) Their mining out precious minerals.

4) Their using a percentage of our peoples base for reproductive purposes (i.e.: alien abduction).

5) Their battling amongst certain of their own races for control; control possibly to evoke horrendous things on the peoples of our world.

Don't think for second, certain ebes are not already in hi ranking goverment. As well as controlling decisions made by the same elected officials we feel we elected.

6) A bunch more # I won't get into here.

Decoy

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Perhaps Sitchen was right and they are coming back to see how we are doing. and whether we want any more DNA alterations.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nah, I believe that "they" have been here ! "They" are the angels/gods/deities we have seen threw out history. I cant even think on why "they" stayed ???
If I need I will pull up some kool stuff. But ehhh... LOL just thought Id throw that out there.

edit on 12-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add/change

edit on 12-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add/change

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

To keep us from going to space and causing Univeral War 1. I mean come on our primitive minds would most likely want to shoot down anything that wasn't human. Or take over planets that are meant to be left alone. We don't live in harmony with our own planet. How can we live in harmony with the universe?

If I was an alien that came across us I'd keep close watch and make sure we don't conquor space until we are ready.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I know it may be considered rather "low" of me - but: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter.

While not necessarily the case - to presume the species we are dealing with to be "advanced" would be to place them post-scarcity. Resources are not really a big issue for a species that could manufacture and sustain practical space faring technology - at least in our concept of it.

Physical resources would not be a problem. In fact - collecting whatever is laying around may be seen as rather crude. Transmuting elements and controlling the isotope makeup of materials would likely be valued when you have access to the amount of energy that practical space travel requires (on a civilization-scale).

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KingLeoric

To keep us from going to space and causing Univeral War 1. I mean come on our primitive minds would most likely want to shoot down anything that wasn't human. Or take over planets that are meant to be left alone. We don't live in harmony with our own planet. How can we live in harmony with the universe?

Our puny little human brain can't conceive of anything other than our own convoluted sense of perfection. A universe where war is acceptable? Where things are allowed to live and die according to processes and logic no species may completely understand?

We often try, in this forum, to reduce the universe to our concept of perfection and enslave other beings to the scope of our logic.

For example: - war over planets is silly. Planets are junk in terms of value to industrially and technologically advanced beings traveling through space. Their material concentrations are corroded by atmospheres and expensive to separate from the planet, itself. Even for colonization, they would tend to lead to isolation of various populations due to the expenses of achieving orbit and the varying planetary conditions make prospecting difficult.

It's far more practical to build habitats in space than it is to rely heavily upon planets for colonization and resources. While I'm sure planets certainly have their place in the overall structure of such civilizations - the idea of taking over another planet is pretty silly.

If I was an alien that came across us I'd keep close watch and make sure we don't conquor space until we are ready.

This would be akin to an industrialized nation finding a tribe in the amazon and keeping a close watch on them to make sure they don't get a firm grasp of practical and theoretical mathematics or smelting metals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join