It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the USA ready to take in refugees from another countries natural disaster? Seems the answer is no

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It was about twenty years ago when the topic of Japan and her earthquake problem then came to the attention of the American public ... a few studies were done and they found it would be cost prohibitive to preplan for such and event. one now long gone congressmen did state at the time that he hoped the American public would readily welcome a countries women and children... but to date we've never seen that happen, not in Haiti or after the indonesian quake...

I have looked repeatedly over the years to see if this country has made a change to that policy but have yet to find anything significant... a few thoughts and ideas on the subject but nothing you'd call a plan....

So that brings us to today and the troubles Japan is yet again undergoing...
If their country would become uninhabitable would we take them in???

probably not... at least not in any great numbers anyway

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sure why not?

We have taken in 10's of millions of Mexican refugee's over the last few decades.

Why not help out another country?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Sure why not?

We have taken in 10's of millions of Mexican refugee's over the last few decades.

Well right now were in a good position to help out...
think of all those millions of foreclosed homes we could fill...
think of all the high tech jap companies we'd get...

"Of course if said refugees were to come from say, the Congo... maybe we don't have as many vacancies as we thought"...

And that my friend is the American way

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't know what the leaders do, in situations like this, but I believe in a world without borders, but positive, culture, just not unethical or unequal ones being legal or allowed, or any blending of religions with politics.

I would welcome all as many as need come.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hell yeah! All the Japanese can come over if they wanted, just tell them to bring as much anime as they can, that'd be awesome! Japanese people are awesome, almost as awesome as Swedish people

edit on 11-3-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Mmm, lots of Asian girls... but yeah, it could potentially be great for our economy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We all know the US foreign policy isnt about helping people - that is just the excuse. This is not their type of helping scenario - maybe if the refugees had some oil on them...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i don't think any of the 3 countries in north america would open their doors for japan....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Originally posted by mwood
Sure why not?

Well right now were in a good position to help out...
think of all those millions of foreclosed homes we could fill...
think of all the high tech jap companies we'd get...

"Of course if said refugees were to come from say, the Congo... maybe we don't have as many vacancies as we thought"...

And that my friend is the American way

Um, no. It is called survival. If America took in say a 100 million africans, in short time Caucasian Americans will be under the same threat of genocide that Boers/Afrikaners are currently living under while the world looks the other way.

As per Japan, the right cultural and racial conditions exist to enable mass immigration. They won't bring us down culturally(might even raise our culture) and racially, the Japanese won't demand the national anthem involves the mass slaughter of Caucasians so no problem there either.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz
We all know the US foreign policy isnt about helping people - that is just the excuse. This is not their type of helping scenario - maybe if the refugees had some oil on them...

Japanese have better, Anime, job's and technology.

top topics

join