It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hummingbird spy drone. Coming soon to a garden near you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Watch out.
It's finally ok to think that the animals in your yard are working for the government.

www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2011/03/10/dnt.lawrence.spy.planes.cnn

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i dont know why they would use a hummingbird? cause most people when they see them they really enjoy the site of a humming bird , they are kind of rare to see where i am at , every time i see one i stop and watch it untill it flys away , so i hope they build them flawless other wise i am sure people would figure out real quick that its a drone

BTW your link does not link to the Video my good man
edit on 10-3-2011 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

I think most people will never notice them, simply because most people do not look up and rarely look at nature's beauty as they speed through their day to day mundane life chasing more $$$

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This reminds me of a book series i read called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I think thats her name anyway there were birds like this in her books. Its set in the future after america falls and is a really good series. This is not the first thing i read on ats that is almost the same things from those books. So either the author loves conspiracys theories or she has inside info!! hahahaha!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

ROFL!
You're right! I'm always on the look-out for hummingbirds. Whenever I see one I always watch until it flies away. I like to take pictures of them with a telephoto lens. These drones better be good. I pixel-peep all the time. I'll know if something is off.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Well the plan is to make them look like a variety of species, depending on location. I am sure they will take into account the rarity of the models they choose, as birdwatchers are common place.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SunTzu22

I guess we should start carrying around a defensive electromagnetic pulse weapon of some sort, and watch for what drops out of the sky.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

lol.... didnt North Korea just finish making a pulse weapon? we better indeed watch out like trout ! it would make more sens to me for them to make a Nanno bug or somthing , ...but really a humming bird? lol

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wonder if a government guy could just perch on a window and watch a girl dress....

But seriously this isn't cool they shouldn't have nor do they need this kind of tech.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
already spent 4 billion $ on it. lol
heres the vid
www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2011/03/10/dnt.lawrence.spy.planes.cnn?iref=allsearch
wonder how good the real ones look. lol.

eh, just type humminbird drone into the search bar there.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I did, nothing happend. ok then

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I gotta different take on these hummingbird spy drones.... The Bees are dying, and we need new pollinators. We can pollinate our worlds crops with ROBOT HUMMINGBIRDS. This is the future. Robot birds and robot insects. It is the way to feed the world after the bees have died.

Someone please research and make a thread about robot machines that mimic natural pollinators of plants... It is the future, I gotta good feeling on this one.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
So when I hit this bird drone with a tennis racket (as will be the normal procedure regarding humming birds from now on) will I be charged with terrorism or animal cruelty? And here's a paradox how do you charge someone for breaking your $5,000,000 spy camera when you can't admit your spying on them.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have plants around the yard, specifically for hummingbirds. I've noticed some of them starting to bloom, so the hummingbirds will be here soon. I'll let you all know if I see anything suspicious.
Sometimes they fly right up to the back porch.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I had a really neat&amazing experience a few years ago with a Hummingbird.
I was walking to my car and all of a sudden one flew right in front of my face and hovered at nose level for a few seconds.
I think it happened because of my perfume or the bright white sweat shirt I was wearing.
It was awesome.

I had never seen one before so I was amazed.
I can see why they would use that as their medium though because there is something very mechanical and almost unnatural looking about the their movement and structure.
Most man made ones would probably just go unnoticed and any strangeness would just be attributed to their behavior and rareness. People would just think it's the norm for them and not question it.

They should make a Sloth one next, those things look like robots to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
lets take this a little further shall we and smaller.

DARPA and the MEMS programme. these are real remote controlled bugs.this was 2008!
next time you see a moth fliting round your room it may be a live feed to a monitor.
www.technovelgy.com...

www.technovelgy.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here's a vid for those who are having trouble with that CNN website BS

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

I gotta different take on these hummingbird spy drones.... The Bees are dying, and we need new pollinators. We can pollinate our worlds crops with ROBOT HUMMINGBIRDS. This is the future. Robot birds and robot insects. It is the way to feed the world after the bees have died.

Someone please research and make a thread about robot machines that mimic natural pollinators of plants... It is the future, I gotta good feeling on this one.

??????? WTF ????
Why not do MORE to save the natural pollinators instead of consigning them to extinction????

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I started a thread about this very same subject a little while ago with a couple cool videos you ATS'ers might want to check out MY THREAD HERE

new topics

top topics

join