It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Keith Hakim Ellison X Sobs During Tetimony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Congressman Keith Hakim Ellison X Sobs During Tetimony

dailycaller.com

Rep. Keith Ellison, one of two Muslim members of Congress, broke down in tears while delivering his testimony in defense of the Muslim community during a House Committee on Homeland Security hearing Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There is little doubt that Mohammed Salman Hamdani died a hero on 9/11. The Pakistani-born American, just 23 years old, tried rescuing people from the World Trade Center when the buildings collapsed, killing him as well as almost 2800 others in the worst terrorist attack on American soil. Hamdani had planned a life of service to his community, working as a paramedic and then as a cadet for the New York Police Department. His heroic death was significant enough to get an explicit mention in the USA Patriot Act in its condemnation of bigotry against Arabs and Muslims.

But Congressman Keith Hakim Ellison X's (or whatever he called himself during his Farrakhan days) kabuki performance is a bit contrived.

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Boohoo, If anyone from this country has a right to go before congress and sob it's the American Indian and I would bet in most cases they wouldn't be the ones crying. This guy is a jack*** and should go back to doing whatever it was before he was elected.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The delivery and tone suggest that he was really expressing deep emotion. And quite likely he was, as having hate thrown at a member of one's religious persuasion who was helping those just like the hate monger tends to leave a very sore spot.

Perhaps he felt so strongly that he could not contain his emotions.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Is it true that the Farrakhan Muslims are not considered to be Muslim by the world religious community? I had heard this but do not know if there is any basis to it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
Is it true that the Farrakhan Muslims are not considered to be Muslim by the world religious community? I had heard this but do not know if there is any basis to it.

It is safe to say that the Muslim religious experience is not unique in this regard. I would venture to guess that some Muslim communities accept them, and others don't.

There's a lot of that going around in religious communities, especially as they migrate and mature within into distinct 'alien' cultures....

I wouldn't presume to speak for all the religious communities of the world... I don't think they get along well enough to come to any kind of consensus on anything (not without massive caveats and provisos anyway.)

top topics

join