It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Favor. Titled: Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Someone name "Killer 5" u2u'd me and ask a favor of me, to post this in Paranormal as his computer is having problems, though I see his computer problems didn't keep him from sending a u2u to me asking me to to do this...which I really don't mind doing it a bit, but I am of a suspicious nature
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway...here is what he wrote.

I have this theory that if you can convince somebody of something to such a degree that to them it will become a reality to them. So my theory is maybe if somebody could break skeptisism of people to such an extent and then conivince a large number of people that something is real, would it come into realilty?

I have tested it on a couple of friends and it worked to a degree where my friends beleived something was there so much that they interacted with it. I convinced that there was a wall where there wasn't and they actually walked around it but then i crushed their belief by walking through the illusion that created (The wall).

(sory for poor spelling, grammer and any other mistakes you spot)

So my question is if you could convince a large enough group of something, an object existing, would it become a realilty

Chi

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Never heard of that, but it sounds really cool. Someone ought to try this and see what happens. I'll try to, alright? I dunno how, though. Any suggestions?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I believe this is called mind control.

Do a search on a guy called Derren brown,
He's a master at this kind of thing,

But really i think its very possible, also i beleve it depends on the subjects you use to test this on.

www.channel4.com...

Take a peek.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i once thought i had convinced myself i was psychic, and that i was a tube/idiot. but over time i realised i was after people confirmed what i was seeing as the truth.

although i think you can think yourself to death if you are not carefull.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
isn't that what "tv" magic is all about. I seem to remember someone making the statue of liberty disapear-not really, but eveyone was convinced.
Yes, you can make people believe something that isn't true, but that does not make it true.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It would become a reality to them, perception is everything. Dont believe everything you "see" some of it may be smoke and mirrors as they say.

top topics

join